For me, one surprising aspect of both the NARSA and VB statements was a failure to. indicate any disapproval of Sandy Easdale going in so hard on Craig Houston. If they considered that Mr Easdale had acted reasonably that would be disappointing. After saying that, how many of the wider Rangers support here and abroad, really care what either organisation think?

No Tom - it would be entirely irrelevant.

There is far too much focus on individuals and groups and too little on probity.

There is a constitution for the operating of the RFFFF monies, and the set of circumstances which was progressed to a vote by general meeting, was outwith the remit of the constitution. This was the feeling on numerous forums, including FF I may add.

The sensible decision would have been to set up a separate account and allow persons to donate to that in respect of Craig's legal costs.

Or they could have been really sensible and deferred announcing any decision until they learned the outcome of the meeting that same night, between the 2 concerned parties, and thus saved all this nonsense that has subsequently transpired.

There is far too much focus on individuals and groups and too little on probity.

There is a constitution for the operating of the RFFFF monies' date=' and the set of circumstances which was progressed to a vote by general meeting, was outwith the remit of the constitution. This was the feeling on numerous forums, including FF I may add.

The sensible decision would have been to set up a separate account and allow persons to donate to that in respect of Craig's legal costs.

Or they could have been really sensible and deferred announcing any decision until they learned the outcome of the meeting that same night, between the 2 concerned parties, and thus saved all this nonsense that has subsequently transpired.[/quote']

The RFFF has a constitution?

Is it published anywhere?

Edited by Hildy

There is a constitution for the operating of the RFFFF monies' date=' and the set of circumstances which was progressed to a vote by general meeting, was outwith the remit of the constitution. This was the feeling on numerous forums, including FF I may add.

Or they could have been really sensible and deferred announcing any decision until they learned the outcome of the meeting that same night, between the 2 concerned parties, and thus saved all this nonsense that has subsequently transpired.[/quote']

Entirely agree with your separate account remarks, D'art. However, Mr Easdale, in acting in the way he did, is a different issue. On this forum, the contributions tend to be more mature than in some other places, but posters, nevertheless, are not hesitant about airing disappointment when a custodian of the club, acts in ways, which can tarnish the reputation of our club.

I just felt that Mr Easdale's threatened action was excessive and if the fans groups want to release statements, it seemed reasonable to expect them to cover all aspects of this sorry business.

I understand what you are saying Tom, and find myself agreeing with much of it.

There are aspects of the SOS campaign Im not comfortable with - nonetheless I felt moved to contact Craig and offer him some advice. My own feelings were the pair of them were suffering from a testosterone overload and some common sense could avoided much of the silliness which transpired.