I've got no desire to do that. I don't see why I can't be unhappy with the handling of this but want to leave my donations there.

That's a big assumption, and not one that I'm convinced is correct. Easdale never had any intention of taking anyone to court, and I doubt that the RFFF had any impact on proceedings.

If one of my previous donations was causing me this much stress, I would ask for it back, or accept that it was a donation to an ambiguous cause, and learn to live with it. Washing dirty linen in public is doing us no favours. If you go on the premise that the support is the main body of the club, surely defending one against a frivolous legal action is well within the remit of the RFFF? The ramifications of Easdale going ahead and winning this would have impacted on us all, and more importantly, the club.

It's easy to say that Easdale had no intention of going through with it, but when you're the one on the receiving end of the action, it's more likely to feel like a realistic prospect. We're letting him off the hook with this one, in favour of petty arguments. It's not surprising, it's just getting a little tedious. Let us us not forget that the SOS's only crime was a poorly moderated Facebook page. A director of our club suing people over a few zoomers comments on fucking Facebook. The RFFF quite rightly nipped it in the bud. It was certainly a better use of the money than it sitting there doing nothing.

If one of my previous donations was causing me this much stress, I would ask for it back, or accept that it was a donation to an ambiguous cause, and learn to live with it.

The cause was not ambiguous. It was quite clear what the cash was for. However the RFFF committee did an immediate about turn and used the cash for something that they said it wouldn't be.

It's also not a personal plaything to be used for any cause that the RFFF committee believe in, no matter how compelling the argument is.

It seems that the ends justifies the means.

The cause was not ambiguous. It was quite clear what the cash was for. However the RFFF committee did an immediate about turn and used the cash for something that they said it wouldn't be.

It's also not a personal plaything to be used for any cause that the RFFF committee believe in, no matter how compelling the argument is.

It seems that the ends justifies the means.

Was it not set up to help the old company? I'm bit vague on that, but if it was, then according to your rational, all monies should be returned. You may have some valid points, but most charitable donations end up getting used for things other than the exact original intent. This is why they have committees, and why it was offered to a vote. It seems that most of the displeasure is with the actual people on the committee, and this incident is being used as the first available excuse to exert pressure. That's not solely directed at yourself.

I think we would all do well to remember that it is ran by unpaid fellow supporters, and perhaps any issues could be dealt with in a more discreet manner. What is the point in all these grandstanding statements? Send them an e-mail, and you will probably get a reasonable response. If they are not contactable, then that's separate issue.

When the RFFF was launched - from this very site:

"RANGERS legends Walter Smith and Sandy Jardine have launched the 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund' which urges supporters worldwide to back the club they love by making donations to a secure account that will generate essential revenue throughout the administration process and beyond."

N.B. "and beyond".

It seems that most of the displeasure is with the actual people on the committee, and this incident is being used as the first available excuse to exert pressure. That's not solely directed at yourself.

I reckon I know half the RFFF committee and don't have a problem with any of them, although will criticise or praise any of them for specific actions. I did complain about the Dunfermline payment and seem to recall being a lone voice on FF when doing it, so it's not the first opportunity for me.

It would be an idea for the use of the cash to be redefined, but this just doesn't fall into the ball park of areas that should be up for discussion in my opinion. However, hopefully there can be a sensible discussion and the allowable uses can be formally agreed upon,

It comes across to me as a "pet project" of one or two on the committee and that's annoying to me, in the same way as the "get it up ye, Arabs" payment to Dunfermline was.

perhaps any issues could be dealt with in a more discreet manner. What is the point in all these grandstanding statements?

A valid point.

Yet I don't remember Statements being issued when it was used for Dunfermline. Is it not the case that this is no more than an excuse to exert pressure on individuals.

Dunfermline paid - No Statements.

SOS v Easdale no money paid - Statements galore.

Unfortunately it seems to be that when group relations have fallen down (perhaps due to irreconcilable differences) then statements seem to be the only way of them communicating.

What starts off as FF/SoS v RM/VB soon becomes RST v RF moving onto RFFF v NARSA.

It's laughable.

Unfortunately it seems to be that when group relations have fallen down (perhaps due to irreconcilable differences) then statements seem to be the only way of them communicating.

What starts off as FF/SoS v RM/VB soon becomes RST v RF moving onto RFFF v NARSA.

It's laughable.

It's utterly and totally soul destroying......:(