Another injury concern, although Simonsen coming in to play would be too alarming.

Goalkeeper Cammy Bell is the latest injury concern for Rangers ahead of Saturday's Scottish Cup semi-final.

Full-back Lee Wallace, forward Andy Little and winger David Templeton are all fitness doubts for the tie against Dundee United at Ibrox.

And reserve keeper Steve Simonsen has suggested that Bell will miss out.

On Thursday evening, Simonsen tweeted: "Feel so sorry for Cammy, it's rotten luck, but I will step up; I want this so much..."

The former Everton, Stoke, Sheffield United and Dundee player has made one appearance for the League One champions, keeping a clean sheet in a league win at Forfar in January.

The 35-year-old later added: "I hasten to add i'm (sic) not saying Cammy is 100% out of the game. Just that I'm fired right up if it's the case! This is why I'm here, to step up."

Earlier this week, manager Ally McCoist expressed doubts over the fitness of Wallace, Little and Templeton.

"Lee has a hip flexor problem at the top of his thigh and he's struggling a little bit," said McCoist.

"I wouldn't think Andy and David will make it though."

Wallace had to be substituted midway through the second half of Sunday's Ramsdens Cup final defeat by Raith Rovers.

"We'll give him every chance, but I'd have to say there will have to be a dramatic improvement for him to be involved at the weekend," McCoist told Rangers' website.

Little and Templeton have been out of action since picking up injuries against Airdrieonians on 12 March.

"From speaking to our physio, Stevie Walker, there would have to be an unbelievable improvement in them," said McCoist.

"We've been a little bit unlucky with injuries at a really important time of the season, but we have to prepare the team as best we can."

Strikers Jon Daly and Nicky Clark, plus midfielder Nicky Law, came through the Easter Road final unscathed despite being pre-match injury doubts.

Surely he'll have learned his lesson last weekend and only field fully fit players; SURELY?

And SURELY he'll play Smith at LB, Aird on the left and Gallagher on the right, SURELY??

My team would be:

Simonsen

Smith

McCulloch

Moshni

Foster

Law

Black

Peralta

Shiels

Daly

Clarke

My team would be:

Simonsen

Smith

McCulloch

Moshni

Foster

Law

Black

Peralta

Shiels

Daly

Clarke

It looks a decent team but it has a 4-3-1-2 which is far too attack minded for Ally plus it has 11 players in their natural positions (bar McCulloch if you like) therefore its got no chance of being played.

Possible argument for Gallagher in their to add a bit of width.

I too rate Simonsen higher than Bell.

Bell is a fair enough keeper but he does not command his defense or his area the way a top class keeper should, maybe that's an age thing and will improve with maturity, i dunno though.

I'm actually more afraid of Ally's selection and tactics than DU, TBH. And from what I have seen in recent weeks, I'd actually go against my usual "play-people-in-their-natural-position" mantra ... when it comes to our full-backs. Likewise, I cannot see Gallagher getting in ahead of Peralta, or Ally actually playing 4-4-2. His priority will make sure that United is being stopped from playing rather than us dominating the game and putting DU on the back-foot.

I'd go ... either 4-1-4-1 and change it to a 4-4-2 depending on posession, with Clark playing inside-left rather than left winger:

Simonsen

Faure - Mohsni - McCulloch - Foster

Black

Peralta - Law - Shiels - Clark

Daly

Foster can play on either flank, cross with both feet and is a better defender than Smith. Faure is an able deputy at RB and goes forward as well. What we'll see will be a packed midfield though ...

Simonsen

Foster - Mohsni - McCulloch - Smith

Hutton

Peralta - Law - Black - Aird

Daly

And that line-up won't scare DU at all.