Rangers Report's - (Possible) Rangers Top Signing Targets for the Championship

I'd rather have Boyd, than Daly, but saying that, I'd rather get big Kyle back, than persist with that imposter of a footballer. Boyd isn't getting any younger, and we don't create nearly enough sitters for him to be effective. It's all fairly moot, considering there will be no extra money in the transfer/wages budget.

Any cash saved from natural wastage should be spent on a scouting system as a matter of urgency. Buying Ally an updated version of Football Manager just isn't going to cut it in the next two seasons.

Kyle must be the only player who makes Boyd look quick. Id have Rothen back ahead of them. Boyd has scored a few goals for a poor Kilmarnock team in a poor league, but its taken him until he is 30 to realise what being a professional is.

None of the OP list should be touched. We are just going down a horrible path and will end up on these below average players on 2-3 years deals. How we going to challenge with below average players and a coaching team who make players even worse when they sign for Rangers. At that rate we'd be fighting relegation in the top flight.

Yep, though we do have Aird, Templeton, Gallagher and Peralta. Even the much maligned Foster is not that bad at whipping crosses into the box (he just should be more carefull with his passing in his own half). Clark isn't too bad in tracking back either, hence something like might work too, pending on the opposition.

Bell

Foster - Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Law - Black - Macleod

Boyd - Daly - Clark

or

Bell

Foster - Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Law - Black

Templeton - Macleod - Clark

Boyd

It would, in any case, do well, if we can change the system from game to game, and not least withing a game too. One recipe for all is simply not good enough in this day and age.

I like your 2nd line up DB, but agree that we've not changed things often, or soon enough this season.

The justification for having such a large and expensive squad was that we'd have competition for places across the team. That certainly hasn't been the case in Central defence (ok they've not been tested that often, but when they have they've looked shaky) or in the case of Daly, Law and Aird all of whom have lost form and regularly retained their place.

The absence of Templeton and McLeod during 2014 has also had a significant bearing on our form IMO.

We may also have Barry Makay back from his loan spell at Morton next season. I'd like to have another wide player who can actually dribble around a defender in a packed defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumours on RM that Daly is retiring at the end of the season. I always knew he was useless but he's looked worse than normal recently.

Any even remotely credible evidence provided for those rumours? The guy could sit on the bench and take a wage for another year, so he'd have to have a pretty serious medical condition or family issue to be thinking about retiral I'd have thought.

Btw, although I've been fiercely critical of him in recent months, I think "useless" is unfair. With the right kind of service I'm sure he could still be effective. However, the right kind of service doesn't equate to 40m punts into the middle from in front of the dugout.

He's nowhere near quick or mobile enough to play up front on his own, so all that happens at the moment is that he ploughs a furrow the width of the centre circle back and forward from the opposition's box to half-way.

I actually spent 10 minutes watching him do exactly that in a recent home game and thought it was no surprise that our opponents could read us like a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opponents always have a bearing on how people can play and will play. DJ told that very fact a few times in recent weeks and also alluded to last Sunday here. For nigh all league games we've come up against brick walls and people trying to stop us from playing ... usually playing only limited football themselves (and quick counter attacks can always cause for "excitement"). Somesuch will contribute to make you look more bad than you actually are. If you went a goal or two up early on, opponents usually opened up more, and we usually scored more goals as a consequence. Against better opponents, i.e. folk trying to play football themselves (e.g. Dunfermline or even Dundee United , we look much better (Possession 75 %, 9-1 corners). And before people jump on this, "much" still refers to the ability of the folk we have, who are by no means world beaters.

Next season will be different, as we will face more teams willing to play football, teams that will feature more seasoned professionals. I would assume somesuch will bring out more of the ability in the current squad than shown in recent months. And by that time we should have plucked the holes that have become visible at the current level.

dB,

I love that word "somesuch" that you are so fond of and know it has faced some ridicule here in the past as it's not in the dictionary.

Is it a translation from a German word?

Matter of fact, I was under the impression that I heard "somesuch" quite regularly when studying at Keele. Might have been a trend-word amongst the students back then, or memory deceives me. The German word would be "dergleichen", i.e. "the same, suchlike, the like".

Are they Town, City or United or whatsoever or just FC?

Lost me here. Whom do you refer to?

Very, very harsh mate. The Malmo tie was lost at Ibrox imo. Losing at home in any qualifier is not on.

Yes, I agree that we should not have lost at home but I was in Malmo and I can assure you that even with 10 men at 1-0 up we looked the most likely to score again in 90mins and at the least we would have taken the game to extra time until Bougherra head butted the guy. He and everyone else knew it was his last game for us so obviously he didn't care. Ally should not have played him despite the injuries we had that night but Bougherra was a disgrace.

Mind you some might say that Cuellar "I want to stay at Rangers for life." comes into the same category in a different way; but he was different class and holds the record for games in a season - 65; and was central to our UEFA cup run.