Rangers Report's - (Possible) Rangers Top Signing Targets for the Championship

While we're on the subject of Germany, I watched the two Cup semi-finals this week, both held at a home ground: Dortmund's on Tuesday (they won) and Bayern's on Weds (they won, too). I wonder if there was a Herr Stefan Tomasohn complaining about these advantages to the winning sides?!

Well, as English is kind enough to provide oh some many loan words to German these days, it was my turn to whip up "somesuch" to enhance English. :cool2: (I'm also trying to expand the vocabulary with regards to them by utilizing "Hooped Horrors" and "Disfunctional Reality Perception (syndrome)" every now and then, though that might have been used by someone else before.)

Anyway, I'm old enough to still remember our 2-1 home win against Sparta Prague in the early 90s, with methinks John Spenser scoring an own goal that eventualkly saw the Czechs go through on away goals. Or going out due to similar reasons against FC Porto too somewhat earlier. But likewise there will always be Kiev, Lyon, Leverkusen, Parma, Valencia and Eindhoven. At this moment, we have to bide our time. Fiorentina (and they were far worse off than us) are an example to look at, as little comfort as this creates.

Keep up the good work on Anglo Saxon English.

I have been fortunate to see Rangers win in (Amica) Wronki, Cyprus (Anorthosis), Livorno, (Zeta) Golubovci, Lyon and Lisbon, (L's seem to be fertile territory for us) and draw 14 other games out of 32 I have attended abroad. Unbeaten 62.5 % of the time, not saying it's anything to do with me; but it's a very decent record for any team in Europe, never mind one that comes from a minor league.

While we're on the subject of Germany, I watched the two Cup semi-finals this week, both held at a home ground: Dortmund's on Tuesday (they won) and Bayern's on Weds (they won, too). I wonder if there was a Herr Stefan Tomasohn complaining about these advantages to the winning sides?!

The usual consensus is that you win some and you lose some ... when it comes to drawing the venue. Since the cup final is in Berlin, neither team will get an advantage here, the cup final split between the teams is similar to what happens in Scotland et al.

I think useless is apt. He's a plodder who might 'do a job' in the SPL with Dundee United, but he shouldn't be anywhere near a club like us. Any high wages should have gone on youngsters that would develop, not veterans that would regress and be of no use in the SPL. We should be assembling a squad that has a hope of not being embarrassed by Celtic and minnows in the Europa.

Much to agree with there, but not the description "useless".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose he'd be alright for us but he didn't get a Goodison invite from Martinez.

McArthur was always the better of the two imo, he is a cracking player, we can only guess why they all prefer McArthy.

Edited by Super Cooper