Rangers defender Sebastian Faure hits back at Light Blues critics......

Played - 33

Won - 31

Drawn - 2

Goals scored - 100

Goals conceeded - 16

Points - 5 shy of 100

Never in my time as a Bluenose (some 30odd years now, though only roughly 22 with regular live footie) has a team played consistently well throughout a season. Individal quality more often than not still took care of results. These days we don't have the quality of days gone by, a fact well known and debated and lamented. Yet, for the time being, nothing can be done about it. Never before had a Rangers team to play two seasons of essentially cup football non-stop in the doldrums of the Scottish leagues - well known for state-of-the-art arenas. So should we judge our players on the games and by the performances that they managed to lose or play "bad" in? Or did not live up to standards you (not me) would expect of the - still lamentable - quality they have? Next season will be the ultimate test for these players and McCoist's managerial skills (if he gets a new contract). At this moment and time, Faure is right in expecting some credit for what he and his teammates have achieved this season. And not many are willing to give them even that, which indeed shows you a certain lack of objectivity.

OK, I'll bring some objectivity into it.

From reading most posts here and on other forums, and from talking to other Bears, the issue is not about a lack of consistency in playing well. The trouble is a remarkable consistency in playing badly.

I will be the first to admit that the squad has resiliently and admirably churned out result after result, but it hasn't been because of tactical prowess.

I will also be the first to admit that we need cohesion desperately. That is in the Club itself, the staff, the squad, the fans, the whole ball game.

I was watching Rangers with my kids long before Faure was born.

I trust my objectivity over his.

It's often more like 8 when Daly, Shiels and Aird are playing. There's a few more that are good for hiding for 90 mins too!

One thing about Aird, I don't think you can accuse him of hiding, seems to me he's always looking for the ball; remember he's only a kid and hasn't exactly had the best of coaching in the first team at least.

I think he shows great promise.

I don't think Daly hides either, I just don't think he's much of a player.

Shiels well.................................

OK, I'll bring some objectivity into it.

From reading most posts here and on other forums, and from talking to other Bears, the issue is not about a lack of consistency in playing well. The trouble is a remarkable consistency in playing badly.

I will be the first to admit that the squad has resiliently and admirably churned out result after result, but it hasn't been because of tactical prowess.

I will also be the first to admit that we need cohesion desperately. That is in the Club itself, the staff, the squad, the fans, the whole ball game.

I was watching Rangers with my kids long before Faure was born.

I trust my objectivity over his.

Fair enough. Methinks you missed the one bit I deem important too. We want Rangers to play a consistently good game from players who are simply not able to provide somesuch for an entire season, or even on a weekly basis at times (not least when the title is won). It is no excuse, just a sad fact. And with that in mind I listed the stats bit up there as well.

Played - 33

Won - 31

Drawn - 2

Goals scored - 100

Goals conceeded - 16

Points - 5 shy of 100

Never in my time as a Bluenose (some 30odd years now, though only roughly 22 with regular live footie) has a team played consistently well throughout a season. Individal quality more often than not still took care of results. These days we don't have the quality of days gone by, a fact well known and debated and lamented. Yet, for the time being, nothing can be done about it. Never before had a Rangers team to play two seasons of essentially cup football non-stop in the doldrums of the Scottish leagues - well known for state-of-the-art arenas. So should we judge our players on the games and by the performances that they managed to lose or play "bad" in? Or did not live up to standards you (not me) would expect of the - still lamentable - quality they have? Next season will be the ultimate test for these players and McCoist's managerial skills (if he gets a new contract). At this moment and time, Faure is right in expecting some credit for what he and his teammates have achieved this season. And not many are willing to give them even that, which indeed shows you a certain lack of objectivity.

You can make excuses until the sun comes up (and I'm sure you will) but it won't change the fact that the football is absolutely brutal, the manager is clueless and there has been only regression for three years.

This is with two seasons playing terrible teams.

Played - 33

Won - 31

Drawn - 2

Goals scored - 100

Goals conceeded - 16

Points - 5 shy of 100

Scored 100 by the way is utterly pathetic. Liverpool are on 96 in the premiership.

Scored 100 by the way is utterly pathetic. Liverpool are on 96 in the premiership.

It's a nice milestone, but considering the level of opponent, it's hardly a surprise for us. For Liverpool to achieve a similar tally in the EPL is an achievement.

It's a nice milestone, but considering the level of opponent, it's hardly a surprise for us. For Liverpool to achieve a similar tally in the EPL is an achievement.

Agreed Darthter.

There's not been very much about this campaign that would be considered an achievement.

Unless, you ask Ally, Jig, or one of the footballing or management squad, that is.

I'm convinced that, with no change, the shit's going to hit the fan next season.

Good for them. How many Scottish or indeed Rangers teams have scored 100 or more within a season though?

It is sometimes interesting to see our achievments being belittled, yet e.g. the wages hyped up.