Aye but ally sitting there, staggered and justifying the money spent on team. The guy is so arrogant that he doesnt see that he has had his nose in the same trough as the boardroom leeches. He IS one of them. He basically backed everyone in the boardroom that kept on paying him his extortionate salary

Your faith in me is touching.

I can recognise a high level of intelligence when I see it GS even if we don't agree most of the time; that's why I am surprised at what I view as some quite flippant responses on this thread, not your usual style at all.

Semantics aside, the spending of that money is staggering when we consider the same amounts may not be realised again. The waste disgusts me.

We also have to remember that our accounts may not have talked about £70m losses but they did talk about the club only being a going concern via the season ticket levels being maintained (or modertaely increased).

What happens if they go down?

Thus, rather than worrying about PR, I'd much rather we addressed that more pressing question.

Fully agree on the mis-spending bits. I'm concerned that he's on record speaking about losses here. It's essentially similar to the 134m debt being flung about a couple of years ago. It is not that 68m went totally unaccounted for or were indeed "losses". They were wasted and who knows how much went into dark channels. At this moment and time, the club surely does not need an employee speaking in this way though.

BTW, we all, to a man (and women) want to know what happened to the money ... and if possible hold those accountable who let it happen. Right now, IMHO, the clubs primarily needs people who make sure that any such misspending ain't happen again and/or is being stopped. As far as I am concerned, the current board tries to do that. How successfully is anyone's guess.

I can recognise a high level of intelligence when I see it GS even if we don't agree most of the time; that's why I am surprised at what I view as some quite flippant responses on this thread, not your usual style at all.
GS is an intelligent guy even if misguided at times

Fully agree on the mis-spending bits. I'm concerned that he's on record speaking about losses here. It's essentially similar to the 134m debt being flung about a couple of years ago. It is not that 68m went totally unaccounted for or were indeed "losses". They were wasted and who knows how much went into dark channels. At this moment and time, the club surely does not need an employee speaking in this way though.

BTW, we all, to a man (and women) want to know what happened to the money ... and if possible hold those accountable who let it happen. Right now, IMHO, the clubs primarily needs people who make sure that any such misspending ain't happen again and/or is being stopped. As far as I am concerned, the current board tries to do that. How successfully is anyone's guess.

the 134m debt was a debt which never was. The oldco got refused a CVA for whyte not paying over PAYE/NI.

I'm tired and making a point.

Back to the statement for a fleeting moment since it's no contest in Munich;

King says:

The board has conceded that it does not plan to effectively compete with Celtic in our first season back in the Premier League.

but the Review actually says:

The Board has set the following performance targets for re-establishing the Club in the SPFL Premiership:

Season 2015/16 - Re-establishing the Club in the SPFL Premiership with a top two finish and the ability to challenge for the title

So a question to Mr King:

In what way does "a top two finish and the ability to challenge for the title" not equate to competing with Celtic?

And a question for Gersneters:

Apart from the dreaded split infinitive; does anyone hereabouts seriously think it's realistic to expect Rangers to compete with Celtic in our first season back in the SPL?

Edited by BrahimHemdani