Green has not gone, he's just working others from behind. You're not trying to tell us the Easdale puppets actually think for themselves?

Green is gone as far as i am concerned, there is no proof to argue against that imo although i do stand to be corrected, making such accusations and even wasting energy thinking of such conspiracies takes away from the genuine issues we face. You speak of the Easdales lack of brains, Green was equally as stupid if not more so.

The admin year, Ally took the SPL champions to glorious failure with 4 matches without a defeat v Malmo and Maribor. Then he blew a 15 point gap and by the time we went into admin we were going miles behind in the title race.

Malmo and Maribor stick in all of our craws, but it's always been fair to say that those results were definitely not all Ally's fault. I will always argue that certain players let us down in some of those fixtures far more than Ally did as a manager. There's no need to go back over the details, but let's at least not just forget them and blame everything on Ally.

As for the so-called '15 point gap' supposedly blown in the league, that has always been blown way out of proportion by Ally's detractors. We did indeed build up a very good lead that season, but it was over-stated and exaggerated. Our title rivals had several games in hand which they were always likely to win and narrow the gap. There were also quite a few unusual factors in the playing squad that season, such as new players coming in and not quite cutting it, injuries and/or suspensions at bad times, Jelavic downing tools because he wanted away to the EPL, then getting his wish and being sold in the January, the list goes on and on. I've also never believed for one minute that there wasn't unrest in the team because they secretly knew (or suspected via internal rumours) that Whyte was taking us towards administration.

Am I saying Ally made no mistakes that season? Absolutely not! What I'm saying though, is that it's extremely easy to take certain facts and figures out of context rather than looking at the whole picture.

Malmo and Maribor stick in all of our craws, but it's always been fair to say that those results were definitely not all Ally's fault. I will always argue that certain players let us down in some of those fixtures far more than Ally did as a manager. There's no need to go back over the details, but let's at least not just forget them and blame everything on Ally.

As for the so-called '15 point gap' supposedly blown in the league, that has always been blown way out of proportion by Ally's detractors. We did indeed build up a very good lead that season, but it was over-stated and exaggerated. Our title rivals had several games in hand which they were always likely to win and narrow the gap. There were also quite a few unusual factors in the playing squad that season, such as new players coming in and not quite cutting it, injuries and/or suspensions at bad times, Jelavic downing tools because he wanted away to the EPL, then getting his wish and being sold in the January, the list goes on and on. I've also never believed for one minute that there wasn't unrest in the team because they secretly knew (or suspected via internal rumours) that Whyte was taking us towards administration.

Am I saying Ally made no mistakes that season? Absolutely not! What I'm saying though, is that it's extremely easy to take certain facts and figures out of context rather than looking at the whole picture.

They had 1 or 2 games in hand. Failing to win 4 matches against minnows in Europe isn't bad luck, it's a pattern. One we are all too familiar with. The rest of your excuses are all things the manager is accountable for. Signings not working out is something that happens all the time with him, only a few of his signings have been particularly good.

In the three years Ally has been here which players have improved?

Jose Mourinho wouldn't have the players to do that, right now mate. That time is 2 years down the line. That problem is not McCoists fault nor the boards. The players we need to win the SPL will not come to us right now, one for the own careers and two we most certainly cannot afford them just now, some would also argue thirdly, we are unable to identify or them.

Investment will come, i have no doubt it will come, in some form, from someone, probably a new regime, but you need to ask yourself, given his track record on the matter, would you give Ally more money? If we go into the SPL all guns blazing splashing millions here there and everywhere it will ruin us again. We don't have the manger, we don't have the coaches and we don't have the footballing infrastructure to be a successful top flight Scottish club. We don't have the brains or the ambition anywhere in the club to have us kings of Scotland again.

Guessing about what investment we will get 2 years down the line is at the bottom of the priority list for me. It's not important right now. Getting ready is the important thing and we are miles away from being ready.

I wouldn't like to see this board or any board giving Ally a massive pile of cash (like £10m for example) to spend this summer, but there's different schools of thought on exactly how we should be approaching our top flight return, how much investment is required and when it's required.

My personal preference would be that the manager (no matter who he is!) gets a small/moderate budget of say a couple of additional million for improving the squad this summer followed by another 3 or 4 million additional spending budget for the transfer window next summer immediately ahead of our top flight return.

That should be an incremental, sensible and realistic wish for our Club's transfer budget this summer and next summer to build a team that can not only win second place in the top flight, but get a hell of a lot closer to competing for the title than any of the current top flight also-ran teams like Aberdeen or Motherwell.

Where's the cash coming from though? There is no cash in the Club, probably zero (additional) transfer budget for ANY manager and no realistic plan in place to take us back to the top.

Instead, we have major unrest amongst the loyal fans, major unrest amongst shareholders and so-called directors who seem more interested in battening down the hatches and protecting themselves with highly paid spin doctors than they are with the Club or getting the Club back to the top.

They had 1 or 2 games in hand. Failing to win 4 matches against minnows in Europe isn't bad luck, it's a pattern. One we are all too familiar with. The rest of your excuses are all things the manager is accountable for. Signings not working out is something that happens all the time with him, only a few of his signings have been particularly good.

In the three years Ally has been here which players have improved?

2 games in hand which they won. The gap was also only 13 points.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bluerod

Sadly McCoist has discredited himself

Over paid players under performing throughout the season against part timers was enough for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk