From today's Sunday Mail.

Rangers in crisis: Entire Ibrox board reported to police in storm over statements made by CEO Graham Wallace

May 04, 2014 07:07 By Norman Silvester 63 Comments

INVESTMENT banker Phil Maher claims Wallace misled fans over the club's finances and he has asked police to examine whether the board committed an offence by failing to stop the chief executive.

RANGERS' entire board of directors have been reported to police investigating statements made by chief executive Graham Wallace.

Investment banker Phil Maher made two new allegations to detectives who travelled to London on Wednesday.

He earlier claimed that Wallace misled Rangers fans over the club’s finances. In a three-hour interview, he alleged Wallace has made other misleading statements.

Maher – a shareholder and lifelong Rangers fan – also asked police to examine whether the board committed an offence by failing to stop Wallace.

Last week, we revealed Maher had complained about comments made by Wallace at the club’s annual general meeting in December.

He claims Wallace misled shareholders when he said the club had enough funds to operate until May before the board took out a £1.5million emergency loan two months later.

Craig Williamson/SNS GroupGraham Wallace

However, a new complaint relates to comments made by Wallace about season ticket sales on Friday, April 25.

Fans have been told they must pay by cash after payment providers First Data Solutions insisted on full security in return for their services.

Wallace claimed the firm had made the demand after Dave King, who wants to take over the club, called for a season ticket boycott. Maher, who declined to comment yesterday, told police that is misleading because the credit issue was first raised with Rangers in January, a month before King’s boycott plea.

A Rangers spokesman said yesterday: “The club has no knowledge of any erroneous complaints of this nature which, if they are ever put to the football club, will be defended rigorously as they have absolutely no grounds.

“As these complaints appear to be vexatious, we will consider our legal position with regards to defamation.”

Some disgruntled Rangers supporters held a red card protest against the board during their League One clash with Dunfermline at East End Park yesterday.

This poster sums up the attitude of a small band of RFC fans currently.

Sent on a sabbatical from elsewhere to spoil the spirit on here. It's just a shame he lasted so long.

Sent on a sabbatical from elsewhere to spoil the spirit on here. It's just a shame he lasted so long.

He was never going to last long. A stain on the support.

It's nice to see the board being held to account. As for the attack on forlan. Dear oh dear any and I mean any sensible person must see its better we know what the board are up to.

You have to wonder about some of our support, absolute cretins.

As I said on another thread, it's all about timing.

It's no quirk of fate this coincided with the statement tomorrow.

I think Traditionalist mentioned that he was from the VB's.

I encoutered him on another thread (Wallace Bonus) and his logic was so flawed and empty that I almost felt sorry for him.

ps. I see you have a 'Merlin' icon available on here, I just hope he isn't a Gersnet 'icon'.....LoL !!

Some unfair comments here & I am bound to defend my mate, although his comment on FS could only result in a ban.

I've been asking him for a while to try Gersnet because he's sharp and an excellent writer and a total Rangers fanatic. His ability is fuelled by anger and aggression and it boils over frequently but it can result in superb stuff. He also has health issues and adopts the same aggressive approach to them, which I assume to be a coping mechanism, but obviously you can't extend how you deal with yourself to others, especially not on day 1, and expect people not to take issue.

Maybe Vb have been sending in entryists for all I know but in this case I have to take the blame, I think.

A curious start to the week, defending a Vanguard bear.