It's quite ironic that if we win the league this season we will need to go back to the old spend, spend, spend culture to survive. The money won't be there and if it's spent we will go bust again. Not a lesson was learned.

We as a club are completely doomed, I'm not sure how anyone can see differently. Even if a single competent, intelligent person with a vision was employed by our club that would be a start.

In fact if a half decent bottom level Scottish manager got employed that could get a team capable of passing the ball about more than 3 or 4 moves at a time, that would be something.

In fact if a half decent bottom level Scottish manager got employed that could get a team capable of passing the ball about more than 3 or 4 moves at a time, that would be something.

No chance of that any time soon; unless we fail to get promotion next season.

That said I am moderately encouraged by the fact that McCoist&Co appear to have realised that Daly+Little/Clark/ANOther wasn't good enough even for the Championship and have gone out and got Miller & Boyd. Whilst they are not exactly building blocks for the future: Miller MIGHT manage a season in the SPL as a Novo type impact sub; and Boyd OUGHT to be able to play in the SPL again for a season or two IF he keeps up his fitness; at the same time as Clark SHOULD learn from them both.

Whether McGregor is an answer at CB, I don't know and like many others I'm convinced that McCulloch & Mohsni will be the the starters. Faure should get a run but McCoist won't play him ahead of Jig. Cuellar is the answer but I doubt we could afford him.

We only have one genuine RB at the Club, Foster; and he is just too prone to mistakes. Alan Hutton would cost too much in wages right now, next season perhaps when he's a free agent. Absent a signing, would like to see McAusland or Peralta get an extended run but don't expect either. Foster will be our starter, for better or more likely worse.

Kyle Hutton is capable of challenging either Law or Black if given a chance; but chance would be a fine thing. Aird and Templeton will vie for one wide berth and they should be good enough at this level. Templeton has already proven himself in the SPL and if Aird continues to develop he should be more than capable.

Shiels may as well find another club.

Looking at the OUTS and INS so far, there is a modest but discernible improvement in quality, a better RB would make all the difference.

According to the Sun:

RANGERS will move for Scotland international Don Cowie this week.

SunSport can reveal Gers manager Ally McCoist hopes to keep the Ibrox summer recruitment drive going by landing the midfielder. The Light Blues have already signed Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller and Darren McGregor as they prepare for next season’s Championship title tilt.

Despite the on-going financial crisis, McCoist still has cash to splash and hopes to make at least two more signings.

Out of contract Cowie has shot to the top of his wishlist and Gers will step up their bid to land him in the coming days.

It is understood Gers hope to table an offer in time to include Cowie on their pre-season tour to America and Canada. The former Ross County and Caley Thistle ace joined Watford in 2009.

After a successful spell at Vicarage Road he moved to Cardiff when Malky Mackay was named City boss in 2011.

Cowie — who signed a three-year deal — fell out of the first team picture when Mackay was replaced by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

He is thought to be keen on a return to Scotland and would jump at the chance to join Gers.

I can't say much about the quality Cowie will bring. But I "fear" that given the opportunity, McCoist may pump the midfield with these kind of workman-like players instead of "creativity". Perhaps he wants to use Macleod a bit further up the park though, while employing a "lone striker" line up. That said, as long as they are fit, Miller and Boyd will start every game, with Miller perhaps playing inside left or the like at times.

NB: Looks like Scott Allan is currently having a trial at Derby County.

It's quite ironic that if we win the league this season we will need to go back to the old spend, spend, spend culture to survive. The money won't be there and if it's spent we will go bust again. Not a lesson was learned.

We as a club are completely doomed, I'm not sure how anyone can see differently. Even if a single competent, intelligent person with a vision was employed by our club that would be a start.

we have learned nothing, i always say it when talking about us we don't play to win we always play to not lose and in my opinion that's a massive difference

cowie might actually be good enough to stay next season

What type of mid-fielder is he slinger?Right now we have no bite in the middle of the park,win very few 50/50 balls,and I have this eerie feeling that McSalary is contemplating throwing his buddy Jig back in there this comming season.:rolleyes:

What type of mid-fielder is he slinger?Right now we have no bite in the middle of the park,win very few 50/50 balls,and I have this eerie feeling that McSalary is contemplating throwing his buddy Jig back in there this comming season.:rolleyes:

Cowie scored the winning goal in a 3:2 Caley win over Celtic in the SPL, so that's a plus!

While he's not prolific, he usually gets 4-5 goals a season.

Would be a significant step up from Law / Black / Hutton IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk