I usually ignore you but sometimes think I should check up on what insults you are currently throwing around. Why do you feel the need to constantly lie just for a reaction? This is the definition of trolling.

Let's get this straight, I actually like watching Rangers games but don't have the opportunity to see many due to location and Setanta going bust, but do I see about 1/4 of them on telly or stream along with highlights and read match reports, which is as much if not more than a great number of Rangers fans throughout the club's illustrious history. Contrast this with yourself who I believe said you DON'T ENJOY watching Rangers and have cancelled your season ticket entirely because of this. You also slag off Rangers more than any Tim I know and often it's hard to tell who you support.

Since when do Rangers fans look down on someone for not attending games when they live 400 miles away, or for not paying over £700 a year to an overpriced Sky and phone package to watch about 25 games on the telly?

But you don't even seem to have the nous to understand (and I presume have no interest in) that what I have written above doesn't require me to watch a single Rangers game ever. It's a philosophical footballing point that is relevant to any team and even transcends the game. If you want to debate my points with well thought out counter philosophies that make some kind of sense then I am happy engage with that, but please stop bringing down the standard of a good forum by merely throwing insulting lies around to try and make yourself feel like some kind of internet hard-man.

Changing your story a bit:

I did watch the repeat of the games on Rangers TV for a while but 90 minutes after midnight isn't easy and I often fell asleep before the end and watching every minute is not the same the next day. I have been crying out for 20-30 minute highlights but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I now watch the odd game on Alba and some on dodgy streams - but the latter have become so excruciating painful with low quality picture, stuttering, buffering and a plethora of annoying popup adverts, I find it easy to go out and go for a cycle or something instead which at least keeps me fit and healthy. I also can't watch them delayed which is a shame when I'm busy.

I usually ignore you but sometimes think I should check up on what insults you are currently throwing around. Why do you feel the need to constantly lie just for a reaction? This is the definition of trolling.

Let's get this straight, I actually like watching Rangers games but don't have the opportunity to see many due to location and Setanta going bust, but do I see about 1/4 of them on telly or stream along with highlights and read match reports, which is as much if not more than a great number of Rangers fans throughout the club's illustrious history. Contrast this with yourself who I believe said you DON'T ENJOY watching Rangers and have cancelled your season ticket entirely because of this. You also slag off Rangers more than any Tim I know and often it's hard to tell who you support.

Since when do Rangers fans look down on someone for not attending games when they live 400 miles away, or for not paying over £700 a year to an overpriced Sky and phone package to watch about 25 games on the telly?

But you don't even seem to have the nous to understand (and I presume have no interest in) that what I have written above doesn't require me to watch a single Rangers game ever. It's a philosophical footballing point that is relevant to any team and even transcends the game. If you want to debate my points with well thought out counter philosophies that make some kind of sense then I am happy engage with that, but please stop bringing down the standard of a good forum by merely throwing insulting lies around to try and make yourself feel like some kind of internet hard-man.

You admitted months ago you don't bother watching us. I don't look down on you for not attending games, i don't look down on you at all, i simply despise your contribution to Gersnet because it is nothing but trolling condescending deluded garbage. Your opinion is made up solely by looking at stats, you have no idea how we play, the standard we play at or the level of who we play against. You just don't know enough to justify your essay long replies to people.

As for your 400 miles excuse. We have a well respected regular member on here who travels 400 mile round trips every week to see his team. We also have bus loads of fans who travel the length and breadth of the country to watch our garbage in the flesh.

I don't lie, don't ever call me a liar, you don't know me, you know nothing about me. As for your "it's hard to tell who you support".............talking about me........Deary deary me.

Btw, anyone from anywhere in the world can catch every second of every Rangers match live for free, if they so wished.

I fail to see how having a goal of winning every game leads to the alternate aim of "playing entertaining football" (whatever that is). I think the problem is that many people don't really know what they want. The most "entertaining" games are generally equally matched sides, playing end to end and often ends in a satisfying draw. For all the fans at the match to be entertained, both sides have to play well and that is a bit of a paradox, as both sets of fans want the other side to play badly are are not pleased when they play well. When their goal is constantly exposed in an entertaining way, the fans get annoyed at their defence.

I've asked constantly for people to point out the Scottish teams that play incredibly entertaining football that they would like us to play like, but get no answer even though there are 42 senior clubs to choose from. For us to be terrible, there must be about 31 more entertaining teams to put us in the lower quartile. But the reality is that we don't actually have the level of skill that people are really looking for. Scots watch the English Premiership as well as top leagues from around Europe and the World Cup finals and then watch our lower quality game and moan about it.

It seems what people really want is for Rangers to take the piss out of lesser teams and play lots of tricks and go for style over substance while the opposition give us space and time to do so while acting like clowns for the comedy aspect. A bit like the Harlem Globe Trotters.

We could divert training from "skills for not losing games / winning at all costs" to keepy uppies, ball juggling and tricks etc and flatter to deceive. But without the collusion of the other sides who have no interest in indulging Rangers fans who treat it as a cup final and tactics mainly to keep us from playing and exploiting our superior skills it's probably not going to work.

But that's the thing about sports like football, they aren't theatre, they are about scoring more goals than the other lot, and you're not paying for theatre, you're paying to witness the occasion. You might think there is a point where to keep the crowds coming you need to think about being entertaining but where that falls down is all you need is a cynical side who come along, forget the "entertainment" and do the win at all costs thing - like say George Graham's Arsenal, and start winning everything. Or you get that from every opposition team you meet.

I would say that the main trouble with Rangers is the latter is what we are experiencing, but we don't have the standard of players, like say Gascoigne, that can just take the piss. We have mid level SPL players which is a level many Rangers fans in the past have seen as pretty poor and not Rangers standard. The same level of player that didn't exactly create enthralling matches in the SPL when playing each other.

We have the added pressure at Rangers in that we can't afford to finish second or even be run close as first while we rise up the leagues. Aiming for playing "nice" football instead of doing what needs to be done is an incredible risk to the survival of club as a potential force in Scottish football.

So in recent years I have seen Hibs, Motherwell and ICT play attractive attacking football not with massive success but imagine if they had the resources that we do.

I started following Rangers in the mid 80's and during every incarnation up until the last 5 or so years whenever I went and saw Rangers or watched them on the TV there was always at least one player in the squad that was either great to watch or just gave his all week in week out for us and I couldn't wait to see them pull on the blue of Rangers.

We've lost that in recent years take Steven Davis as an example when he came to us on loan he looked world class he looked streaks ahead of his teammates and his opponents by the time he signed for us permanently he never seemed the same player. Pedro Mendes was the same amazing at first but then his heart just wasn’t in it.

What is it that causes this how is it we make great players good or good player’s average but for some reason we can’t do the opposite.

You admitted months ago you don't bother watching us.

I never said that. Is that a lie or a mistruth, misinterpretation or a mistake or what?

I don't look down on you for not attending games, i don't look down on you at all, i simply despise your contribution to Gersnet because it is nothing but trolling condescending deluded garbage.

You think MY contribution is trolling? Just what is you are doing? You do know the meaning of trolling? I put a reasonably argued piece and I'm open to debate on it, and because you disagree with it without being able to explain why, you resort to this crap...

If I talk deluded garbage why can't you debate it like a reasonable person? Should be easy. But I think you say this because I disagree with you, and when questioned about debating the points previously, I think you were the one who said something like, "I not here for that."

You obviously have no wish to debate and despise anyone who disagrees with you. You are here for a slag-fest. You seem to think that you can write how you like and that's just "your way of putting across your pov", but you do not tolerate others doing it their way. If you despise my posts then why not put me on ignore instead of slandering me while I'm ignoring you?

Your opinion is made up solely by looking at stats, you have no idea how we play, the standard we play at or the level of who we play against.

[/Quote]

That's not true either so how would you describe your incorrect assertion here?

I attended the Newcastle game, have watched about 3 or 4 games on BBC and about 8 or 9 on dodgy streams. I put it to you that you have no idea how we play as when I watch a game and you talk slag off the team afterwards it bears no relation to the game I saw. We're not talking opinion here, we're talking facts. Like number of completed passes on the ground to a team-mate compared to number of long balls. Facts do make up stats but you don't deal in facts do you?

You just don't know enough to justify your essay long replies to people.

You don't know what I know, and I think I make compelling enough arguments which can be debated for their worth but which you are unable to put together a reasonable rebuttal, and so you instead resort to insults. The strange thing is that this forum has lots of differing opinions and the point is to debate them.

As for your 400 miles excuse. We have a well respected regular member on here who travels 400 mile round trips every week to see his team. We also have bus loads of fans who travel the length and breadth of the country to watch our garbage in the flesh.

"Excuse"? That word again. That is their choice, it is not mine. It does not mean I don't have permission to debate the style of play or more relevantly whether that is an achievable goal, given our complex situation while simultaneously gaining consecutive promotions.

I don't lie, don't ever call me a liar, you don't know me, you know nothing about me. As for your "it's hard to tell who you support".............talking about me........Deary deary me.

You don't lie? How many are in your last post? Do you lie about lying? (Or maybe you actually BELIEVE everything you say is true.)

I don't need to know you, I just need to know me and I know when you are stating things that are not true about me. That is generally known as a "lie".

There are at least two mistruths which you state as fact in your quoted post here. You don't know me and yet you say I don't watch any games and base all my opinions solely on stats. You haven't even properly read my post as it doesn't rely in stats and have to misrepresent that. BTW Those who completely dismiss stats, usually have no objectivity and usually no real knowledge. You might have the opinion that more red cars than blue pass your window, but until you count them, how do you KNOW?

Btw, anyone from anywhere in the world can catch every second of every Rangers match live for free, if they so wished.

Rangers is part of my life but it is not my whole life. You seem to be a very narrow minded individual who seems to think that the only important thing in life is to have some competition about how often you see a team play. There are other things to give time to.

With Setanta I watched almost all the games that were on as it was on the telly and if busy I could record it and watch it later. I'm not going to put my life on hold every time to watch a dodgy, illegal stream which freezes, judders, pixelates and throws up a plethora of adverts in front of it. I will watch it sometimes but not every time. You might not have a life outside Rangers but I do. I have many pastimes and following Rangers is but one of them.

I think you need to calm down and open your mind to the possibility that you may not be right about everything. That's what debating is for, testing your opinions and being confident in them when they stand up to scrutiny and changing them when someone puts forward a more compelling reasoning than yours. Why not? It's a free upgrade.

Three letters: EPL

Mate they are about to bank the best part of £50 million as their parachute payement, its hardly rocket science they can pay more

Understand that but it wasn't so long ago they were a team in the lower ends of the English leagues