With the state of our Club's finances it wouldn't really come as a surprise if Dundee Utd offered Boyd more money than us, but you never know. The board might decide that it's prudent to push the boat out a little and sign Boyd to get some more fans renewing their season tickets.

I doubt that very much. Dundee Utd( one of the clubs who claim they don't need Rangers in the top division) have cut their annual wage bill to a mere £1.5m.- total peanuts if you ask me for one of this country's supposedly bigger clubs. I think Boyd would be out of their price range

I doubt that very much. Dundee Utd( one of the clubs who claim they don't need Rangers in the top division) have cut their annual wage bill to a mere £1.5m.- total peanuts if you ask me for one of this country's supposedly bigger clubs. I think Boyd would be out of their price range

they could beat our telfer offer and they aren't losing millions a year. i don't see how we can justify signing anyone when we can't afford them and are losing millions.

I'm not sure whether there are any immediate monetary issues. Might well be that the board has actually convinced the institutional investors about taking up parts of that 43m shares option, that the Puma and/or 32Red deal kicks in and the like. We can all speculate on that we don't have the money to do this, yet there are only signs to the contrary from the club though, i.e. signing players and looking for a DoF. I'm somewhat hesitant to solely rolling out the spin-doctor carpet though.

assuming they aren't in breach of contract we know that we don't have a million pounds in cleared cash.

I hope we steer well clear of Boyd. I hate back to the future and I have no respect for Boyd.

Ive always been on the same page as you with regards to Boyd and Ferguson. But after seeing the way our strikers go downhill under McCoist it would be good to have another option. Boyd's work rate and goals for Killie in the last 12 months have impressed me and he seems matured and much more mobile than he previously was. Id take him but himi and Daly could never play in the same team.

I really hope Ally adapts an attacking line up next season with Templeton playing a big part. If he is on his game Miller and Boyd would get 50 goals between them. And TBH with Hearts and Hibs in the league Id take any kind of championship win this season. We had our chance to do the pretty stuff in the lower 2 leagues and Ally missed the boat, this season is all about winning.

The Championship new boys opened talks with the out-of-contract striker at the weekend and McCoist will meet him when he flies back from holiday this afternoon.

The 30-year-old was initially offered a two-year deal by the Light Blues but a source close to negotiations revealed the Scotland international would be prepared to accept 12 months and then take his chances on winning a better deal if Rangers make it back in the Premiership.

Boyd also has a three-year deal from Kilmarnock on the table, while Dundee United, Aberdeen and French side Nimes are also keen.

Express Sport understands that Boyd’s preference is to head back to Ibrox for a second spell – and McCoist is confident of completing the deal.

McCoist believes Boyd, along with fellow new boy Kenny Miller, John Daly and Nicky Clark will give his side enough firepower to win the Championship.

Rangers have also signed out-of-contract St Mirren defender Darren McGregor and are keen to bring in Don Cowie from Cardiff.

http://t.co/Hgnzlyv9wu

they could beat our telfer offer and they aren't losing millions a year. i don't see how we can justify signing anyone when we can't afford them and are losing millions.

They offered Telfer more than they needed to, they don't get as much money into the club as we do ... would be a tune from a different hymn-sheet. We paid some of our youngsters rather vast wages in the past too, some (Fleck, methinks) even got upset when they weren't offered as much as fellow "youngsters" (Wylde in that case). Whether we were actually "able" to pay Telfer more is really up to debate and for the time being - at best - conjecture. One can mourn the loss of Telfer as he seems to be rather talented, but on the other hand that is the market the Arabs, Dons, ICTs and Hearts have to deal in these days, as any meaningful transfers (whether the players are good enough or not) are out of their reach - and for a reason. They sure hope that they unearth some talent to get them forward and hopefully bring in some cash in days to come. We sure hope that we could do likewise, but our modus operandi is somewhat removed from the rest out there. That we have/had financial difficulties these past few years will only put a "small" dent in that line of approach. Once we are back and (hopefully smoothly) running, the rest of Scotland will drop in and follow that same approach again, i.e. trying to raise talent and sell it to either us or over the Wall, pending on the lunacy of the chairmen involved. It sure ain't ideal, but that's the most likely way it will pan out. You would hope that our youth developement will kick in too, of course.

They offered Telfer more than they needed to, they don't get as much money into the club as we do ... would be a tune from a different hymn-sheet. We paid some of our youngsters rather vast wages in the past too, some (Fleck, methinks) even got upset when they weren't offered as much as fellow "youngsters" (Wylde in that case). Whether we were actually "able" to pay Telfer more is really up to debate and for the time being - at best - conjecture. One can mourn the loss of Telfer as he seems to be rather talented, but on the other hand that is the market the Arabs, Dons, ICTs and Hearts have to deal in these days, as any meaningful transfers (whether the players are good enough or not) are out of their reach - and for a reason. They sure hope that they unearth some talent to get them forward and hopefully bring in some cash in days to come. We sure hope that we could do likewise, but our modus operandi is somewhat removed from the rest out there. That we have/had financial difficulties these past few years will only put a "small" dent in that line of approach. Once we are back and (hopefully smoothly) running, the rest of Scotland will drop in and follow that same approach again, i.e. trying to raise talent and sell it to either us or over the Wall, pending on the lunacy of the chairmen involved. It sure ain't ideal, but that's the most likely way it will pan out. You would hope that our youth developement will kick in too, of course.

in theory we can pay more and our wage bill is certainly higher. but given our losses are vast should we be offering more and can we actually pay it?

no doubt we will offer more but can we actually afford to offer more?

No rumour involved here, but Jermaine Jones in the US' midfield put in some rather good performances in midfield at the WC. Seems to be their dominating character these days, workrate second to none. And ... he's a freebie these days!