Ahem ... where in that article is even a hint of a quote or opinion from McCoist or our club?

It's no secret on the west coast Ally and him do not get on. Boyd has been telling friends and family he won't play for Rangers again whilst Ally is in charge and that is not Kris' choice, it's the managers.

If we dingy him again this will be the umpteenth time Ally has put himself and his own feelings before the good of the club. That is not good enough.

Edited by Super Cooper

Ally allegedly has previous for going on holiday and switching his phone off, so if Boyd is getting impatient about signing a deal somewhere he should maybe hold off for another week or so.

Maybe not, but he`s the best we`ll get on a bosman and better than anything we have right now.

See your point about him being a good freebie but every striker to play under McCoist dipped in form and never seemed to improve. Boyd may be the winner if he doesn't come back. I feel sorry for Nicky Clark and Andy Little. I thought the latter had a good season in Div 3 and could have improved and been a decent squad player. Clark hasn't got out the starting blocks yet, Daly went downhill and Hemmings scores on a weekly basis. You'd think having the best goalscorer in the last 30 years coaching them they could start to finish more. yet it was similar with McLeish, top top defender I his playing days but didn't improve centre halves.

As is usually the case, it is a bit more involved than just one factor - here the popular "McCoist the bad manager/coach" theme. Who he is playing with, against whom he is up to, where is he deployed, is he fit etc.pp.. It took even the experienced Mark Hateley almost a season to adjust to play for our club. Yes, he had very different opposition, but also far better and quality players to play with.

I thought Jelavic and Naismith played extremely well under McCoist, and we scored over a hundred goals in the league last season... Daly scored 25 for the season, which is a fair haul.

Last season Little and McCulloch scored 25 and 26 - about 2 in every three games.

I really don't think McCoist has had that great a supply of talent to work with since admin. As usual there is almost no comparable evidence to conclude whether the coaching has been beneficial or detrimental.

As for Hemmings, there are few young players we have let go who have gone on to much bigger things, with Gattuso being the greatest exception. Once he's banging them in for a bigger club than us, it's time to make a judgement, not before.

Edited by calscot