naisy played well till his injury. really well. jela was bang out of form.

I recall that he went out of form just when it looked like he would be making a move to England. If he was never on form, I can't see how he would have earned the move.

Boyd isn't the level we need.

Who else can we sign that in a year's time guarantees 20 goals in the SPL? Ally would probably need about £20m to find such a player.

In 04/05 Boyd scored 32 goals in the SPL alone.

If we don't have Boyd we will probably be playing Daly or some dead beat 35 year old from the dregs of English football who struggles to get 5 goals.

If we were signing crap like Jeffers, Ostenstad, Maniero, Ashikodi, Beattie etc when we had some money, one wonders what we would get now.

Anthony Joseph

@EEAnthonyJoseph

Rangers expected to pull out of the race to sign Kris Boyd. Dons, Dundee United and Nimes chasing his signature.

Also hearing Rangers were never actually in the race, there has been no contact between club and player.

Scandalous dereliction of duty from McCoist.

As for Hemmings, there are few young players we have let go who have gone on to much bigger things, with Gattuso being the greatest exception. Once he's banging them in for a bigger club than us, it's time to make a judgement, not before.

Hemmings actually went up a league which in theory is a higher level and proved it. He also played in more difficult circumstances around worse players and did better.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes says he has spoken to striker Kris Boyd about a move to Pittodrie.

Boyd scored 22 times for Kilmarnock last season, but is now out of contract and available on a free transfer.

The Scotland international, 30, is now considering an offer to join the Dons ahead of their Europa League qualifying campaign, which begins on 3 July.

"We have made a pitch of what Aberdeen can be as a club for Kris," said the Dons manager.

"I managed to meet and talk with Kris and also talked to his agent.

"We have had a discussion and said we would like to bring another forward into the club.

"Kris has a few other options and wants some time to consider them."

Dundee United and French side Nimes are also reported to be chasing Boyd's signature after Rangers decided against signing him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27869977

Fulham have signed defender Shaun Hutchinson from Scottish Premiership side Motherwell on a free transfer.

The 23-year-old centre-back turned down a new deal at Fir Park to join the west London club, who were relegated from the Premier League last season.

Hutchinson joined the Steelmen from Wallsend Boys Club in 2007 and made over 140 appearances for the club.

He has signed an initial two-year contract at Craven Cottage, with an option for a third year.

Hutchinson becomes Fulham's first signing of the summer.

“Shaun has been excellent for Motherwell and this move is a reward for all his hard work and dedication”

Stuart McCall Motherwell manager

"Once I learned of Fulham's interest, it was a no-brainer for me and I couldn't wait to get down and get signed," Hutchinson told the Fulham website.

"There's no hiding the fact that going from the SPL to the Championship is a step up, but it's one that I do believe I'm ready for and I can't wait to get started."

Motherwell were set to offer Hutchinson an improved deal but manager Stuart McCall was resigned to losing him, with several other sides interested in his services.

"I had mentioned to his agent that we would offer him slightly improved terms from last season, but it was fairly clear that there was some big hitters looking at him," McCall told his club's website.

"Shaun has been excellent for Motherwell and this move is a reward for all his hard work and dedication.

"We will obviously miss him, but at the same time, we wish him well in what is a superb move."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27871277

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes says he has spoken to striker Kris Boyd about a move to Pittodrie.

Boyd scored 22 times for Kilmarnock last season, but is now out of contract and available on a free transfer.

The Scotland international, 30, is now considering an offer to join the Dons ahead of their Europa League qualifying campaign, which begins on 3 July.

"We have made a pitch of what Aberdeen can be as a club for Kris," said the Dons manager.

"I managed to meet and talk with Kris and also talked to his agent.

"We have had a discussion and said we would like to bring another forward into the club.

"Kris has a few other options and wants some time to consider them."

Dundee United and French side Nimes are also reported to be chasing Boyd's signature after Rangers decided against signing him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27869977

If he's waiting on Ally he will be waiting all summer. If it's a choice of Boyd or McCoist then Kris wins hands down.