E.g.: Due to lack of football on show, factionalism seems to mature in an alarming fashion. Maybe the World Cup will cause a distraction, though I assume some hardliners will go on and on and on. The sad thing is that somesuch (there, I wrote it again!) will cause a rift on something no-one on here can meaningfully influence. As was the case in years gone by.

If I am a 'hardliner' it's because I have supported Rangers all my life and they mean something to me. I will also go on and on as long as I can, until I think they are 'safe'.

King and McColl haven't exactly done much throughout this saga to earn respect, so far anyway

McColl gets my respect, the man has failed so far in his attempts to wrestle control from the Wigs, But anyone who was at the meeting in the hotel that night, would be mean spirited to not to be impressed with his efforts and professionalism.

McColl gets my respect, the man has failed so far in his attempts to wrestle control from the Wigs, But anyone who was at the meeting in the hotel that night, would be mean spirited to not to be impressed with his efforts and professionalism.

McColl made it plain that he was advising etc. and would not be investing or joining Rangers board. Yet we still have fans trying to rewrite history.

Can't quite bring myself to admire the failure of a billionaire to be honest

Can't quite bring myself to admire the failure of a billionaire to be honest

I would have loved to have spent McColl's money on Rangers, but the man was clear he was not going to invest at this time, but was open to help the club. A bit like Dave King in that respect, when two very rich men tell you the current lot are not getting their money, you know something is wrong at the club.

I would have loved to have spent McColl's money on Rangers, but the man was clear he was not going to invest at this time, but was open to help the club. A bit like Dave King in that respect, when two very rich men tell you the current lot are not getting their money, you know something is wrong at the club.

It tells me their heart isn't truly in it, and i'm yet to be convinced otherwise.

I'm just not interested in long drawn out games of russian roulette, either stump up or get out for me.

E.g.: Due to lack of football on show, factionalism seems to mature in an alarming fashion. Maybe the World Cup will cause a distraction, though I assume some hardliners will go on and on and on. The sad thing is that somesuch (there, I wrote it again!) will cause a rift on something no-one on here can meaningfully influence. As was the case in years gone by.

I wrote this earlier as part of a reply to you.

You didn't reply but just in case you missed it this was the first part.................

So as far as I understand it, you don't seem to trust the current board but vigoursly discourage or indeed pour scorn on those who wish to analyse events/statements etc from the board of RIFC in an effort to get to the bottom of events and/or back-up what they think/post.

I find it difficult to reconcile this view/style of posting/attitude.

To read the whole post see post 116 on this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replying to the above post,..... you say "factionalism seems to mature in an alarming fashion" and I'd agree that are certainly disagreements but how can you infer/say to people that they should simply look the other way because you think there is nothing 'we' can do about it ?

You say you don't trust the board yourself but if you want to turn the other way or as others would say 'bendover', then that is your choice....no problem.

But why criticise others who want to look closely at ongoing events in light of the recent past and current situation ?.......Then turn round and talk about factionalism ?

If you don't trust the board, think we can't influence matters and seem to worry about 'factionalism' (note the dreaded 'ism') would it not make more sense if instead of constantly criticising those with whom you apparently share concerns with, you said your peace and withdrew from such conversations ?

If I am a 'hardliner' it's because I have supported Rangers all my life and they mean something to me. I will also go on and on as long as I can, until I think they are 'safe'.

"Hardliner" with regard to keep the board debate on and on and on. When in effect it won't change much (the board debate that is). For about 3 weeks on the trott the very same arguments have been flung at one another as if there was a need to convince the "opposition" of one own's opinion. Which is not exactly required, as we all want the best for the club, though we don't do that on the same wavelength. Call it part-resignation.

@ Time4Change ... I'm not here to satisfy your analysis or fragmentations of my opinion at any given time. Nor do I see any need to explain myself to you each time you ask. This will most likely leave you unsatisfied at this moment and time, but you'll survive.

@ Time4Change ... I'm not here to satisfy your analysis or fragmentations of my opinion at any given time. Nor do I see any need to explain myself to you each time you ask. This will most likely leave you unsatisfied at this moment and time, but you'll survive.

Unsatisfied ?...................No, it's how I thought you'd reply.

It only helps confirms what I was thinking.