I haven't seen any reason stated so far as to why Deep-pockets Dave couldn't buy MP.....

I think it would be a perfect investment opportunity for him. As others have said the cash would go straight into the RFC coffers, and it would give DK full control over the facility. As for the rent....he's a Rangers man, he wouldn't be looking to turn a profit on it (would he???). He would be doing it for the long term good of the club.

The one downside is that I would expect DK to have to pay over the odds for the facility - The current owners are likely to try & get as much for it as possible (as any seller would) - a fee of about £10m, I think would cover it.

DK could also make an offer for Edmison house - I'm sure he would have the funds to renovate it into a more useful asset. Again, I would imagine the fee would be over the odds - maybe around the £5m mark.

Total investment by DK - £15m, and he has total ownership of key RFC "assets". He has also directly helped the club by £15m. Also the assets are then held by an "approved & trusted" Rangers man (who would in no way try to turn a profit)

Isn't everyone who stands for election just pitching for a job?

Remuneration or the lack thereof is irrelevant.

I'm not the one belittling anyone you're the who started it by mocking King yet cannot admit your own endeavours ended in utter futility.

You seem to have a massive problem with HNWI Rangers fans as ably demonstrated by the disgustingly shameful John Bennett episode and your constant whining re King, McColl et al.

You'd hope that anyone standing for election/pitching for a job would not only have a good CV but would have been able to put those advertised qualities and experience to good use. You would expect such a man not to follow the 'crowd' but analyse and think that little bit harder and see through bluster, eg. Charles Green.

The other notable issue is unbalanced opinion.

ie. admitted personal baggage that might aswell form an opinion even before the issue exists.

Edited by buster.

Suggested King buying our assets (for the fans) before. You have to wonder whether King's previous remarks about the board and this trust attempt have made him some sort of business persona non grata at Ibrox. Then again, money talks.

NB: When it comes to King, I am as hesitant to believe in his investment claims as I am with transfer rumours. Far too much talk ...

You'd hope that anyone standing for election/pitching for a job would not only have a good CV but would have been able to put those advertised qualities and experience to good use. You would expect such a man not to follow the 'crowd' but analyse and think that little bit harder and see through bluster, eg. Charles Green.

The other notable issue is unbalanced opinion.

ie. admitted personal baggage that might aswell form an opinion even before the issue exists.

It is indeed unfortunate that such highly qualified and talented individuals such as your goodself and forlanssister did not put yourselves forward for election to these positions if indeed you were eligible by virtue of membership of the RST at the time.

Had either of you been elected I am in no doubt that the fans would now own the Club, lock, stock, Ibrox, Edmiston House, the Albion Car Park and Murray Park too. Most likely you two would be on the Board, 40,000 would have signed up for ST's and we could look forward to a summer of new arrivals to the Ibrox playing staff.

In addition we would have 16 team leagues, consistent policing and stewarding, absolute liability for crowd misbehaviour and with it an end to the ubiquitous "reasonably practible" defence to such charges.

I am sorry that I have been such a disappointment to you and others on here but I am proud of my record as Secretary of the RST and (twice elected BTW) Chair of SD Scotland and I certainly don't intend to debate it further with you on here.

It is indeed unfortunate that such highly qualified and talented individuals such as your goodself and forlanssister did not put yourselves forward for election to these positions if indeed you were eligible by virtue of membership of the RST at the time.

Had either of you been elected I am in no doubt that the fans would now own the Club, lock, stock, Ibrox, Edmiston House, the Albion Car Park and Murray Park too. Most likely you two would be on the Board, 40,000 would have signed up for ST's and we could look forward to a summer of new arrivals to the Ibrox playing staff.

In addition we would have 16 team leagues, consistent policing and stewarding, absolute liability for crowd misbehaviour and with it an end to the ubiquitous "reasonably practible" defence to such charges.

I am sorry that I have been such a disappointment to you and others on here but I am proud of my record as Secretary of the RST and (twice elected BTW) Chair of SD Scotland and I certainly don't intend to debate it further with you on here.

For what it's worth you're not a disappointment to me, a rare voice of sanity in all this more like.

Can't speak for T4C but I've never been a member of the RST, I sat on the sidelines and like many others watched with sadness at what happened to me the responsibility for what happened is shared by all those involved I do not blame or absolve from blame any party in favour of another as far as I can see everybody lost perhaps and most importantly of all the club itself most of all.

I probably lack the necessary ego, anyway I'm too much of a "droll bastard" according to those who know me well.

Top of my manifesto in any case would be freshly fried haddock and chips in the food kiosk in the West Enclosure, one must get one's priorities right!

Que sera, sera.

I probably lack the necessary ego, anyway I'm too much of a "droll bastard" according to those who know me well.

Top of my manifesto in any case would be freshly fried haddock and chips in the food kiosk in the West Enclosure, one must get one's priorities right!

Nice comfy seats for your mates as well I hope :cool3: