two questions a) what was the full price when McCoist was offered the shares

Depending on how close to Chuckles you were the prices were 1p, 50p, 99p and £1

b) why in the name of good would anyone pay more for something than they have to? Would you?

Depends on how much value you place upon gaining a fast buck and what you're prepared to do to get it.

Depends on how much value you place upon gaining a fast buck and what you're prepared to do to get it.

that doesn't answer the question of why anyone would pay more for something than they had to.

Would you have turned down a million shares in Rangers at a penny a time?

that doesn't answer the question of why anyone would pay more for something than they had to.

Would you have turned down a million shares in Rangers at a penny a time?

I wouldn't have sold my soul to Charles Green to get them.

How did he rape the club for one million penny shares ? He smash and grabbed them ? No. He was offered them by GreenCo. Was he bought off ? Probably. But then so were the vast majority of our fans bought off by Green and his moonbeams, just as the vast majority of our fans were bought off by SDM's moonbeams.

Funny how we can castigate and deride someone for making the same mistake that many of us made ourselves.

The bank statement one I will give you.... although I have never lived the life of a multi-millionaire so it could quite plausibly be that he simply spends when he wants to spend and doesnt pay attention to his bank statement as he has no monetary fears - McCoist was a rich man before he became manager. Still, you would expect him to check his bank statement.... but he wouldnt be the first or last to have an accountant or financial advisor doing all his financial bidding for him - plenty have gone bankrupt due to thesr type of characters (Nicolas Cage springs to mind). Had Cage been checking his bank statements and investment reports he would have seen he was teetering on bankruptcy.... rich people dont need to worry about bank statements like the rest of us. I'm not saying that makes it right but there ya go.

The share price was going yo be £1 when McCoist bought his for a penny. Laxey paid the pound a go. And you are telling me McCoist never financially raped the club because he did exactly the same as Greenco? They all raped the club.

Your first, highlighted, sentence is excellent though. The fans got stung for 70p from Green indeed. They were, however, not bought off. McCoist was bought for a million @ a penny. To compare the fans who were duped into 70p a pop by Green to McCoist getting a million 1p gifts is pathetic.

Papa ally was entitled to take whatever was offered to him for whatever reason. Many on here would have done the same. Don't expect me to view ally differently from all the others who have lined their pockets while the club continues to lurch from one financial crisis to another. Thd fact that ally has portrayed himself as the "concience" or "protector" of the club makes it a wee bit more galling for me

I didn't ask about your sole, I asked whether you would have turned down a million shares in Rangers at a penny a time?

Would you?

Would I have told fans to buy season tickets in exchange for cheapo shares from Chuckles, no.

The share price was going yo be £1 when McCoist bought his for a penny. Laxey paid the pound a go. And you are telling me McCoist never financially raped the club because he did exactly the same as Greenco? They all raped the club.

Your first, highlighted, sentence is excellent though. The fans got stung for 70p from Green indeed. They were, however, not bought off. McCoist was bought for a million @ a penny. To compare the fans who were duped into 70p a pop by Green to McCoist getting a million 1p gifts is pathetic.

£1.20 was the price they originally wanted to float at, that's why some paid £1.

Would I have told fans to buy season tickets in exchange for cheapo shares from Chuckles, no.

ok, we'll take it from your refusal to answer that you would have done exactly what McCoist did - as would everyone else who is criticising him for doing so.

Of course, anyone who wants can stand up before us all and say that they wouldn't have.

ok, we'll take it from your refusal to answer that you would have done exactly what McCoist did - as would everyone else who is criticising him for doing so.

Of course, anyone who wants can stand up before us all and say that they wouldn't have.

What part of no is causing you the problem?

I learned aged 18 just how worthless money actually is.

I learned aged 30 the utter folly of chasing a fast buck.