I'd agree with that. I'm not sure what there was at that point that Ally should not have supported the board. He would have seen proof that the club owned the various assets and Green had made plans to bring in around £20m in a share issue. What was not to like?

We always have to remember that McCoist is and was an employee - a very valuable one, it has to be said, since he was the only one who could give Green any legitimacy and, in retrospect, he was wrong to do so. But if he was wrong about Green, so were most others.

I think he has been making judgement calls between a bad situation and a worse situation ever since he took the job and if he makes a bad call it's done with the best of intentions and in his mind will always be the choice of who he would trust to do a better job of it than himself, were he to resign.

no he should have paid full price though.

Why ? He was being told that the club was in great financial health. Why should he have paid more ?

I have yet to see ANYONE, in any IPO, be offered shares below full value and saying "Nah, generous offer, but let me pay full market value" (though I am sure it HAS happened before)

It is akin to someone getting share options and rather than exercising them at the lower value doing so at the higher value. It doesnt happen

that's a separate issue - and if you want rid of him as a manager, you'd best keep them separate.

Not sure why. But it's certainly why he needs to go. The only required reason.

I love super always will no matter what. Would love it if he's the new sir furious etc but I simply believe he's harming us every minute he's in charge.

He should have refused a golden opportunity to a) secure his family's future b) ensure that at least some of the shares went into the hands of a real Rangers man and c) show some faith in the club?

And what would have been gained by refusing these shares and allowing even more of them to go into Green's hands?

Green? How can you be worried about what Green has done and what is in his hands? He simply used Rangers, taking the piss out of the fans who bought in the ipo at 70p and all the STs McCoist sorted, to secure his own and his family's future.

And actually shared a bit of it. Top man. McCoist and Green, partners in the sting. But it is okay for McCoist to do it yet Greenco are sleazeballs.

You are right about one thing though - it was a golden opportunity for McCoist. Pity he used the loyalty and trust of fellow bears to pay for it.

Morally bankrupt, a multi millionaire yet soul-less with not a shred of integrity.

Why ? He was being told that the club was in great financial health. Why should he have paid more ?

I have yet to see ANYONE, in any IPO, be offered shares below full value and saying "Nah, generous offer, but let me pay full market value" (though I am sure it HAS happened before)

It is akin to someone getting share options and rather than exercising them at the lower value doing so at the higher value. It doesnt happen

Then he should have had the sense not to endorse green. I have no issue with him taking the shares. But with taking them then endorsing **** Co. He has to know how that looks.

Like his ineptitude as a manager.

This seems an almost limitless "attribute" he 'brings' to the 'job' - nonetheless at the moment, it's way down the list of threats to us as a club. As a team it is fundamental. As a going concern in all senses - morally, legally, financially, defensively against incessant external attacks - way down the list.

You are forgetting the small matter that Greenco were finished without McCoist selling STs - which he knew and had already refused to do, very publicly.

It is not akin any normal share issues / employee options. By your reckoning, McCoist should have held out, he could have got 3 or 4 times the price he did for his integrity.

I wouldn't have sold my soul to Charles Green to get them.

Very few of us had the foresight to know Green really WAS a snakeoil salesman.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but many, many of our fans thought he was the messiah. It isnt exactly hard to see how he could have hoodwinked McCoist too - he hoodwinked plenty of fans and plenty of media too.

McCoist isnt exactly a financial wizard.

This seems an almost limitless "attribute" he 'brings' to the 'job' - nonetheless at the moment, it's way down the list of threats to us as a club. As a team it is fundamental. As a going concern in all senses - morally, legally, financially, defensively against incessant external attacks - way down the list.

We have much bigger problems than Ally for sure. But I am not sure that means we shouldn't address Ally.