Hertha BSC is flying the flag for Berlin in the BL.

And on an unrelated sidenote ... ever since they climbed to the heights of the BL in 1963, Hertha play their games (BL and BL2) at the Olympiastadion in Berlin. It ain't their stadium. They sold roughly 18k ST for last season, had an average crowd of 51k, with minimum being 37k against Nurembourg and maximum 75k against Bayern and Dortmund.

NB: Maybe our board should think about striking a club relation with Hertha, the club colours match ... for starters.

NB II: Not sure how it works in Scotland, but when teams sign players here in Germany, there usually is a clause in each contract making sure that the latter are for certain divisions. E.g., Hamburg SV players might have easily jumped ship had the team got relegated and the player contracts where not valid for BL 2. Who knows how many Hibs "stars" will jump ship over the course of the summer ... and whether Butcher will be there next July.

Are Germany and Scotland the only countries in Europe without a side from their capital city in their top flight football league?

Whilst enjoying Hibs implosion enormously they are probably favourites for the title next season. Butcher will have his own players then and has previous experience of getting a relegated side promoted, a new CEO he's worked successfully with before and they are relatively solvent too. Who knows what state Hearts and us will be in come August.

Still, very funny just now though.

Can't agree about Hibs being favourites for next season's Championship.

I don't see them splashing the cash and even with 10 players out of contract in the summer, much of what they do spend will have to go on compensation to the other underachievers in the squad they need to move on.

If and when they do recruit better players, they'll still need time to gel as a team.

I think Hearts will be our closest challengers by a distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd make Hearts favourites to win the league at the moment with us finishing second and Hibs struggling in 3rd or 4th. The entire squad at Hibs is disgruntled by the sounds of things and there's a major rebuilding job to be done.

Hope I'm wrong of course and we get promoted automatically but I can't see this season being anything other than a scrap and we've not shown anything to indicate that we're up to it.

Whilst enjoying Hibs implosion enormously they are probably favourites for the title next season. Butcher will have his own players then and has previous experience of getting a relegated side promoted, a new CEO he's worked successfully with before and they are relatively solvent too.

can't see it, mate. The rebuilding job that is required will see them struggle next season at least. Butcher will need at least that amount of time to beat out all the creativity from the players he signs.

I'd make Hearts favourites to win the league at the moment with us finishing second and Hibs struggling in 3rd or 4th. The entire squad at Hibs is disgruntled by the sounds of things and there's a major rebuilding job to be done.

Hope I'm wrong of course and we get promoted automatically but I can't see this season being anything other than a scrap and we've not shown anything to indicate that we're up to it.

It'll depend on what our squad looks like when the transfer window slams shut in 3 months time.

Not that I'm expecting any significant strengthening, but how much it gets weakened could end up being a concern.

Hibs will be lucky to get 3rd...

Sorry, I would like to think we are clear favourites and hearts would be behind us.

hearts have had there own off field issues that are still unravvling.

hibs.... bhaaa 4th.. behind falkirk

Hibs will be lucky to get 3rd...

Sorry, I would like to think we are clear favourites and hearts would be behind us.

hearts have had there own off field issues that are still unravvling.

hibs.... bhaaa 4th.. behind falkirk

I think it's difficult to call at present as there are many things that may or may not happen at all three main clubs before August.