so what is ally to do?

we need new owners before we can contemplate the likes of may and in reality we need better than him.

I never suggested signing him, did I? I was replying to a post saying Miller was the best striker in Scotland by pointing out that IMO he isn't.

I never suggested signing him, did I? I was replying to a post saying Miller was the best striker in Scotland by pointing out that IMO he isn't.

That's what it's all about,opinions.

Miller and Boyd are the best strikers in Scotland just now.

Since leaving us Miller has scored 29 goals in 110 games, predominantly playing in the MLS. He has scored 13 goals in the last 3 seasons :o

I'm sure he'll do well enough next season but I'd personally like to see us start looking beyond just the following season for once.

From the Business Review (April 2014)

Strengthen the Club’s Football Operations -

With the creation of the new position of Chief Football Operations Officer, with specific responsibility for developing best in class football operations support. This new role will support the Football Manager and the Board and will concentrate initially on developing player talent identification, scouting and recruitment capability

Invest in Academy Players

An Academy Development Fund will be created with dedicated annual investment, increasing over time, committed to the acquisition and development of high calibre young players (Charlie Telfer?) at different stages of their careers with the target to increase the number of Club trained talent coming through to play in the first team at an early stage.

Develop Player Asset Management

Developing playing talent is one of the major challenges at any football club. The Chief Football Operations Officer will also have the remit to develop the Club’s player asset strategy which will build a long term structure and plan to deliver playing talent for the Club and maximize value from player trading.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/images/staticcontent/documents/RangersBusinessReview.pdf

Did Miller get in ('before the lock') the appointment of a Chief Football Operations Officer ?

Will it ever happen ?

Since leaving us Miller has scored 29 goals in 110 games, predominantly playing in the MLS. He has scored 13 goals in the last 3 seasons :o

Saying he's scored 13 goals in the last 3 seasons is completely misrepresenting the facts. The MLS runs from March to October and Miller didn't join the Whitecaps & play his first game until almost the end of July 2012 which was well over half way through their season, so he only made 9 league appearances that season scoring 3 goals. In the 2013 MLS league season he made 21 appearances and scored 8 goals, then in the 2014 season he only made 13 appearances scoring a couple of goals before terminating his contract at the beginning of May (a month ago) because he wanted to return to Scotland.

So my point is that while he technically played in 3 MLS seasons, he was actually only with them for almost 3 months short of 2 seasons worth of MLS football - end of July 2012 till the beginning of May 2014. During that period he made 43 league appearances and scored 13 goals which isn't actually too bad for a league which is apparently of a much higher standard than the Scottish top flight.

From the Business Review (April 2014)

Strengthen the Club’s Football Operations -

With the creation of the new position of Chief Football Operations Officer, with specific responsibility for developing best in class football operations support. This new role will support the Football Manager and the Board and will concentrate initially on developing player talent identification, scouting and recruitment capability

Invest in Academy Players

An Academy Development Fund will be created with dedicated annual investment, increasing over time, committed to the acquisition and development of high calibre young players (Charlie Telfer?) at different stages of their careers with the target to increase the number of Club trained talent coming through to play in the first team at an early stage.

Develop Player Asset Management

Developing playing talent is one of the major challenges at any football club. The Chief Football Operations Officer will also have the remit to develop the Club’s player asset strategy which will build a long term structure and plan to deliver playing talent for the Club and maximize value from player trading.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/images/staticcontent/documents/RangersBusinessReview.pdf

Did Miller get in ('before the lock') the appointment of a Chief Football Operations Officer ?

Will it ever happen ?

It's just more drivel to reassure fans who mostly can't be reassured any more that the club has a clue what it is doing. Most fans I know feel that the club is taking the mickey every time it opens its unthinking gob.

People who graft for a living and are well paid to produce a high standard of work look at their football team and see a jobs for the boys culture, low standards, inaccurate public utterances and and a brand of football that is about as appealing as a wet day in Saltcoats.

People feel disrespected by the club because it operates at a standard far lower than the companies they work for and they wonder why they should fund a mediocrity that would see them pushed out the door if they produced similar in their private lives.

Not only are people tiring of the bull that comes out of the club, they are beginning to dislike it for expecting them to listen to its tainted message.

Supporters are growing apart from the club and unless there is wholesale change reasonably soon, the time is coming when they will give up on it completely.

Saying he's scored 13 goals in the last 3 seasons is completely misrepresenting the facts. The MLS runs from March to October and Miller didn't join the Whitecaps & play his first game until almost the end of July 2012 which was well over half way through their season, so he only made 9 league appearances that season scoring 3 goals. In the 2013 MLS league season he made 21 appearances and scored 8 goals, then in the 2014 season he only made 13 appearances scoring a couple of goals before terminating his contract at the beginning of May (a month ago) because he wanted to return to Scotland.

So my point is that while he technically played in 3 MLS seasons, he was actually only with them for almost 3 months short of 2 seasons worth of MLS football - end of July 2012 till the beginning of May 2014. During that period he made 43 league appearances and scored 13 goals which isn't actually too bad for a league which is apparently of a much higher standard than the Scottish top flight.

13 goals in 43 is a poor return for any striker. It's also 13 in 45 in all competitions.

Maybe a relatively respectable return if you were playing for the bottom team in Spain or England.

13 goals in 43 is a poor return for any striker. It's also 13 in 45 in all competitions.

The all time top goal scorer in the MLS is Landon Donovan with 137 league goals during his 4 separate spells at LA Galaxy and he's only scored 13 in his last 36 appearances for Galaxy.