I think if we let Boyd sign elsewhere again, for the 3rd summer in a row McCoist should be chased down Edmiston Drive with pitch forks and hounded out.

Hopefully he doesn't get him then :lol:

with a board that has us teetering on the verge of banckrupcy its very hard to think long term.

I'm not getting into another debate about the board on here but lets just say for arguments sake we are on the verge of bankruptcy, it just makes signing a 35 year old even more ridiculous.

Hopefully he doesn't get him then :lol:

I'm not getting into another debate about the board on here but lets just say for arguments sake we are on the verge of bankruptcy, it just makes signing a 35 year old even more ridiculous.

cheapest option.

Kenny Miller vows to fire Rangers back to top flight after signing up for third spell at club.

MILLER has signed a one-year contract with the option of a further 12 months, by which time he hopes to have helped the club secure promotion to the top flight.

KENNY MILLER last night vowed to fire Rangers back to the top flight after signing up for his third stint at Ibrox.

Record Sport revealed on May 5 the striker had agreed a return to Gers after being released

by Vancouver Whitecaps. And delighted boss Ally McCoist has now finally got his man after the deal was delayed because of the financial chaos that has been raging behind the scenes at Ibrox since the end of last season.

Miller has signed a one-year contract with the option of a further 12 months, by which time he hopes to have helped the club secure promotion to the Premiership.

The 34-year-old received the call to report to Murray Park yesterday to be put through his paces by the club’s medical team. He sailed through the physical tests and sealed an emotional switch.

Miller said: “I am thrilled to return to Rangers for a third time. I have enjoyed so much success at this great club and am determined to repeat it again next season and beyond.

“Rangers is a special club and we are on the rise again and I want to play my part as we look to get back to the top of Scottish football.

“I had a number of offers once I left Vancouver but I had my heart set on returning to Ibrox and can’t wait to get started again.”

McCoist insists the former Scotland star will be key to Gers’ hopes of winning a cut-throat Championship next term.

He said: “We are delighted to welcome Kenny back to Ibrox. He was a terrific player for us in the past, especially his second spell at Rangers, and we have won many trophies together.

“Kenny brings experience and pace to our forward line and will be a great influence on our younger players at Murray Park.

“He is a top-class footballer and we look forward to seeing him in a Rangers jersey again as we look to secure promotion to the top flight next season.”

Miller initially spent a season at the Light Blues after joining from Hibs in 2000.

He returned in 2008 and racked up three SPL titles, one Scottish Cup and one League Cup during a hugely successful three-year stint.

He has since played for Bursaspor, Cardiff and Vancouver and is now back to add to his Ibrox tally of 67 goals and 147 appearances.

Absolutely disgusted at this signing. A really really poor player IMO. His first touch goes further than Daly can kick it, for someone with "pace" he is offside more than any professional player should be, his finishing when given time to think about it is simply atrocious.

His main atribute was his pace, which I am sure has now diminished a little, so what we are getting I am not quite sure.

His strike partnership worked really well in his second stint, but can anyone really see him and Daly work? And where does that leave the one natural goalscorer at the club, Nicky Clark. Stuck on the bench for another season wasting away.

I can see Clark not even getting on the bench a lot next season as Miller plays the lone striker against the better clubs in the division as Ally does the old "give the opposition too much respect" routine and plays 5 in midfield at Hibs/Hearts/Falkirk.

Disgusted.

It all depends on what sort of tactic McCoist will use. In a 4-4-2 Daly and Miller might be his first choice strike force. We only have Clark and Gallagher as "real strikers" to support those two. Either can play as winger (left and right side respectively). As long as Miller is fit, he will play, no doubt whatsoever. The rest depends on McCoist.