I think you're missing my point. What I am saying is that that there is no longer any threat to the existence of our club; I'm not saying for one miniute that everything in the garden is rosy, it's manifestly the case that it is not,

Oh and around 20,000 of us DO have a ticket to get back in.

I'm not missing any point. Depends what the definition of "any threat to the existence of our club" is. I can't speak for other people but I want my Club back. To me my Club feels like a frail shadow of what it used to be - like it's on a life support machine. And it is all because of the fact that the mob running our Club are hiding, unable to communicate, untrustworthy puppets, absolutely devoid of Rangers class. As you no doubt recall Lawrence Marlborough, David Holmes etc. They were men who exemplified what it was to be the custodian of this great institution. Can you honestly say we are in safe hands and out of the woods?

"Oh and around 20,000 of us DO have a ticket to get back in"? My 'ticket' statement was a metaphor so you are being a wee bit petty or silly. But since you have taken it so literally - doesn't the fact that 17,000 haven't suggest that all isn't well? Would that be a record for a club to drop so many in one year?

Not exactly been a success KIng's ST plan has it?

I'm not one of its supporters, but while his plan was always doomed to fail, I think it has probably played a large part in many not renewing. The accompanying campaign put a strong message out that the club was not in a good place.

While the plan has failed, the club has lost a large number of fans. It remains to be seen how this will influence future events.

Due to the unbelievable interest in the numbers expected to attend Saturdays March we would like to extend an invitation to ANY willing volunteers both experienced and unexperienced to sign up as additional marshals to allow ourselves to more than fully facilitate the smooth running and safety of all marchers. Signing up details can be found on sonsofstruth.co.uk.

Approx 30-50 additional marshals would be more than adequate.

Would all marshals please muster @ Cornwall St, Kinning Park no later than 13.45 for briefing & instructions.

Kind Regards

Sandy

Sons of Struth

Recovery.

Will there be one? I'm not convinced that there will.

The time will surely come when we look back on this period and realise that we are the people who lived through an era when the rot set in and things started to fall apart.

Even now, we think we will recover because we are Rangers. We expect a rich man to step up and sweep all our troubles away. We believe that things will turn out for the best - not because we have reason to - but because we believe: we just believe.

We think that things can't get any worse and that the only way is up, but we could not be more wrong.

The most depressing aspect of this saga - and there has been a litany of depressing tales in the past few years - is the attitude I've come across from several fans.

Having been so close to the edge, and having looked briefly over, some Rangers fans have realised that they can live with the club fading away or collapsing.

In their hearts, they don't believe we are the same club anyway, even though - thank the Lord - we are. Some have joined golf clubs and bowling clubs while others have made a point of having a new 'hobby' in their lives. Let me be clear. They will not be returning - not in any circumstances.

They believe that the club has left them as much as they have left the club. They have pondered life without Rangers and decided that they can handle it. More than that, and this is particularly worrying, they look back on their earlier Rangers fanaticism and judge themselves harshly. Not only have they given up on Rangers, they wonder why they ever got in so deep in the first place.

How many are like this? I don't know, but having spoken frankly to colleagues and acquaintances about our situation, this attitude isn't as rare as we'd surely like it to be. The cataclysm of recent times has provided a period of reflection for some of us, and make no mistake, an unknown number are going to walk away and not look back.

Edited by Hildy

Rangers losing two games in the trot was always considered a crisis when in the top league; when we were sitting at the top of the league; playing in Europe and flashing top players in pressers. At present we have third rate players, fourth rate management and the lowest ST take up since the 80s..........and no money with a convicted VAT fraudster holding 26% of rights of our club. We are in crisis.

And we needed a loan to get us through the season.

This is a very good point. It's obvious, everyone should see it. Yet they don't. There are none so blind as those who will not see

Recovery.

Will there be one? I'm not convinced that there will.

The time will surely come when we look back on this period and realise that we are the people who lived through an era when the rot set in and things started to fall apart.

Even now, we think we will recover because we are Rangers. We expect a rich man to step up and sweep all our troubles away. We believe that things will turn out for the best - not because we have reason to - but because we believe: we just believe.

We think that things can't get any worse and that the only way is up, but we could not be more wrong.

The most depressing aspect of this saga - and there has been a litany of depressing tales in the past few years - is the attitude I've come across from several fans.

Having been so close to the edge, and having looked briefly over, some Rangers fans have realised that they can live with the club fading away or collapsing.

In their hearts, they don't believe we are the same club anyway, even though - thank the Lord - we are. Some have joined golf clubs and bowling clubs while others have made a point of having a new 'hobby' in their lives. Let me be clear. They will not be returning - not in any circumstances.

They believe that the club has left them as much as they have left the club. They have pondered life without Rangers and decided that they can handle it. More than that, and this is particularly worrying, they look back on their earlier Rangers fanaticism and judge themselves harshly. Not only have they given up on Rangers, they wonder why they ever got in so deep in the first place.

How many are like this? I don't know, but having spoken frankly to colleagues and acquaintances about our situation, this attitude isn't as rare as we'd surely like it to be. The cataclysm of recent times has provided a period of reflection for some of us, and make no mistake, an unknown number are going to walk away and not look back.

We are are essentially a sunk ship with no life raft. Before anyone talks of recovery someone has to develop a strategy.

To be honest I think we all know we are completely fucked until someone with a shit load of money bails us out. It's going to be a long wait.

This is a very good point. It's obvious, everyone should see it. Yet they don't. There are none so blind as those who will not see

The brush is not only part of the less than fotunate's history!