Some rich Australian guy that owns a string of kebab shops is showing an interest in us, Kostas 'hello everybody peeps' Mykonos or summit?

Kostas is a well known restaurant in a Greek resort called Mykonos.

king says he will invest at a share issue. you say he won't. or that i don't know he will.

are we having a grown up conversation here? is king lying?

King said "‘I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m.”"

I would suggest that that indicates that he has not stated that " he will invest" and therefore you "don't know he will".

No one ties up 30 million like that. King has made his offer publically and like anyone he will want shares for it.

Putting money in an escrow account does not tie it up because there would be conditions attached and he would continue to get interest on it.

"In this instance they demonstrated their lack of integrity for no advantage as I had already, as part of my frank discussions with the fan groups, advised them that I had no prime ambition to invest further in the club but will do so if no other investors come forward.

I hate to quote myself but he clearly states he will invest if needs be.

I hate to quote myself but he clearly states he will invest if needs be.

Me too: "probably" and he doesn't say in that quote how much or when.

However, moving on; "if no other investors come forward."

He doesn't say "new investors", so assuming some, most or all of the exisitng investors take up their rights in August, that would be him off the hook then wouldn't it?

By all accounts there are 40 odd million un-issued Rangers shares. If there is to be another Shares issue why doesn't DK come out publicly and offer to at least underwrite this shares issue or better still offer to buy the whole lot of them. Then we'd at least know he was serious instead of what he's done up until now I.e. rant 'n' rave on the sidelines

By all accounts there are 40 odd million un-issued Rangers shares. If there is to be another Shares issue why doesn't DK come out publicly and offer to at least underwrite this shares issue or better still offer to buy the whole lot of them. Then we'd at least know he was serious instead of what he's done up until now I.e. rant 'n' rave on the sidelines

This will be a rights issue, RAB, which means that even if he underwrites it, he will only be able to buy shares not taken up by existing shareholders. If all the institutions take up their rights but none of the individual shareholders then that would be about 12%, which would leave him with 6% of the Club. The non take up has been variously estimated at 10%-20, giving him say 5%-10%.

That would only cost about £1m - £2m, petty cash to him apparently.

But you are correct to say that if he at least came out publicly and said he would buy any shares not taken up (and I believe he may have done that in that past, no doubt GS will confirm) then he would put some pressure on the Board to allow him to underwrite the offer.

This will be a rights issue, RAB, which means that even if he underwrites it, he will only be able to buy shares not taken up by existing shareholders. If all the institutions take up their rights but none of the individual shareholders then that would be about 12%, which would leave him with 6% of the Club. The non take up has been variously estimated at 10%-20, giving him say 5%-10%.

That would only cost about £1m - £2m, petty cash to him apparently.

But you are correct to say that if he at least came out publicly and said he would buy any shares not taken up (and I believe he may have done that in that past, no doubt GS will confirm) then he would put some pressure on the Board to allow him to underwrite the offer.

In your calculations, you're assuming a 1 for 1 rights issue but that may not be the case.