That's a rather unfortunate and distasteful term to use, one frequently aimed at us by OUR enemies (who are many).

Some are slower than others to learn but I think we are making headway. That term "knuckle draggers" is abhorrent, especially when used to describe fellow Bears.

Out of order mate! Rangers enemies have beaten us with that stick for years, no need for you join in the kicking.

Ok, I hadn't picked up on any particular sensitivity regarding that term until now, but I'll avoid it in future.

Maybe I've just been exposed to some choice characters on Twitter recently, but I'm very aware of the negative impression that some supporters still create.

Let's try "unreconstructed" as an alternative description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy is a top man, a stalwart of Gersnet and a refreshing antidote to some of the knuckle draggers among our support.

Being slower to judge others is a quality more people should work on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am probably on your side in the general point but it is an odd post = You were not slow to judge others as knuckle draggers!

I hope that his missus takes his password to the grave. Anyone who puts in a complaint to a comedy radio show about the word 'poofy' really should steer clear of the internet, and indeed, society in general.

Fair comment and Andy is happy to describe himself as Gersnet's prime handwringer so I'm sure your criticism will be noted....

However, in his absence, I think the point about his complaint wasn't so much as to him being offended per se but the usual hypocrisy from those in the media when it comes to the use of offensive terms. The obviously extends right across the sectarianism/racism/homophobia spectrum - i.e. if we're to be offended about one thing, then we have to be offended by everything. If not, it would just cause more problems.

That's why Andy complained - not because he was offended by the actual term or context.

Feel free to contribute an article in riposte to Andy though...! :whistle:

Fair comment and Andy is happy to describe himself as Gersnet's prime handwringer so I'm sure your criticism will be noted....

However, in his absence, I think the point about his complaint wasn't so much as to him being offended per se but the usual hypocrisy from those in the media when it comes to the use of offensive terms. The obviously extends right across the sectarianism/racism/homophobia spectrum - i.e. if we're to be offended about one thing, then we have to be offended by everything. If not, it would just cause more problems.

That's why Andy complained - not because he was offended by the actual term or context.

Feel free to contribute an article in riposte to Andy though...! :whistle:

I don't have the necessary skills required to write an article, Frankie, I shall leave that to the professionals.

I don't know the guy, so I shall have to take your word for it about his motivation for sending in the complaint.

None of us are professionals and you seem skilled enough to me but fair enough! :thup:

PS: The invitation to contribute is open to everyone. If you'd like to write something for the main site, give Zappa or I a shout. You can write about anything related to the club! :)

The Scottish Mhedia and particular the BBC Scotland are the biggest hypocrites in the country, well done to Andy for highlighting their hypocrisy. As for other Scottish football fans especially Celtic fans, are the most prolific liars since Comedy Aly (Saddam Hussein's propaganda minister) any poll or sound bite from them, i would take with a humongous dose of salt.

I think football in general has a homophobia problem, I would say it is Scottish specific. The media too. If it wasn't such a big deal for a footballer to come out then we would have more openly gay footballers. Or are we really saying gay men never play football?

Also, not to be funny, but what's the demographic of the respondents? I ask because straight white people are least likely to say there is an issue with racism/homphobia.

Straight white Protestants/Catholics are more likely to agree with sectarianism being a problem as it mostly likely directly affects them.

Would you be taking umbrage if they were talking about a baldy, a fatty or a specky? Methinks not.

I'm not taking umbrage about anything though. I just think hosts on a daytime radio show on the the nations biggest broadcaster, so-called 'comedy' or not, shouldn't be using discriminatory remarks of any kind under any circumstances. If they CAN do it and get away with it, then the whole 'PC' culture needs binned and everyone should be allowed to say whatever they like, whenever the like.

I'm not taking umbrage about anything though. I just think hosts on a daytime radio show on the the nations biggest broadcaster, so-called 'comedy' or not, shouldn't be using discriminatory remarks of any kind under any circumstances. If they CAN do it and get away with it, then the whole 'PC' culture needs binned and everyone should be allowed to say whatever they like, whenever the like.

Sounds like a plan, Zappa. :D