Ok, I shall make it easy for you.

There is no total ban on The Billy Boys as UEFA have no jurisdiction over domestic matches. That was a story concocted by Sir David Murray. They will punish abuses ONLY in games which they oversee, and I am well aware of the times that has happened.

There have been no sanctions imposed by the SFA any time it has been aired at domestic games, so your call for everyone to bend the knee by watering down the lyrics is both pathetic and unnecessary.

The next time you want to accuse me of being foolish, first take your head out of the poxy rule book and get an understanding of the full picture.

One sure way to avoid accusations of foolishness is not to write foolishness.

UEFA have jurisdiction over the SFA and if the SFA failed to act on the return of TBB the SFA would be fined or at worst expelled from UEFA. So your suggestion that singing TBB at home is OK because UEFA don't have jurisdiction over domestic matches is, to put it kindly, simplistic. The SFA have not taken action because it has all but disappeared from domestic games, apart from a couple of brief appearences belted out by a handful of morons.

To suggest that the SFA would allow the full scale return of TBB and so we should all start it up again is utterly bizarre. Any return of TBB would be met with sanctions and would only serve to damage the club and I'm not quite sure why you would want to do that. Maybe you're just one of those who put their own agenda above the good of the club.

:D :D

Educate yourself prior to castigating others.

Ha ha, classic misdirection using extreme pedantry to insult someone you disagree with. Must have hit a nerve there as wasn't even you I replied to if I recall correctly.

Let me inform you that I'm educated enough to understand the Latin phrase, "De facto." I do know that OFOS is not technically the national anthem of a Kingdom which is not yet technically a country in its own right but I do know that during that awkward moment when our football, rugby and other teams are supposed to sing their national anthem, this is what we play. I personally believe this makes it our de facto national anthem.

Now if you want to continue to argue about semantics then I'm really not interested as I was respectful enough to assume a degree of sophistication in my audience that negated such tediousness.

If you want to interpret the song as anti-English then that's up to you, I think I've made a strong argument against this but as another poster often says, "suum cuique."

Another phrase I like is, "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum video."

Feel free to also get arsey when someone uses the term "Union Jack" as the name of the union flag...

Ha ha, classic misdirection using extreme pedantry to insult someone you disagree with. Must have hit a nerve there as wasn't even you I replied to if I recall correctly.

Let me inform you that I'm educated enough to understand the Latin phrase, "De facto." I do know that OFOS is not technically the national anthem of a Kingdom which is not yet technically a country in its own right but I do know that during that awkward moment when our football, rugby and other teams are supposed to sing their national anthem, this is what we play. I personally believe this makes it our de facto national anthem.

Now if you want to continue to argue about semantics then I'm really not interested as I was respectful enough to assume a degree of sophistication in my audience that negated such tediousness.

If you want to interpret the song as anti-English then that's up to you, I think I've made a strong argument against this but as another poster often says, "suum cuique."

Feel free to also get arsey when someone uses the term "Union Jack" as the name of the union flag...

You really need to tone down your constant passive aggressiveness.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Pedantry?

Your 'de facto' national anthem is called Flower Of Scotland, so what's this OFOS thing all about?

Pedantry?

Your 'de facto' national anthem is called Flower Of Scotland, so what's this OFOS thing all about?

It seems your posts are incredibly ambiguous, so I can't reliably interpret your true intention but I'm inferring a lot of irony in this one... To answer your question in a reasonably straight manner but letting you work it out for yourself, can you recall the very first word of the song in question? I think it is one letter long, if you need a further clue.

I admit I might not be exact in what the song is pedanticly called. But the first letters from the words of the first line should be enough for assimilation in a debate in the context here.

One sure way to avoid accusations of foolishness is not to write foolishness.

UEFA have jurisdiction over the SFA and if the SFA failed to act on the return of TBB the SFA would be fined or at worst expelled from UEFA. So your suggestion that singing TBB at home is OK because UEFA don't have jurisdiction over domestic matches is, to put it kindly, simplistic. The SFA have not taken action because it has all but disappeared from domestic games, apart from a couple of brief appearences belted out by a handful of morons.

To suggest that the SFA would allow the full scale return of TBB and so we should all start it up again is utterly bizarre. Any return of TBB would be met with sanctions and would only serve to damage the club and I'm not quite sure why you would want to do that. Maybe you're just one of those who put their own agenda above the good of the club.

Deary me, you're getting all confused here. The conversation that you jumped into concerned the way the support had capitulated at that time. There has been nobody calling for the song to return.

The facts are that the SFA have never got involved at any time and UEFA have never sanctioned the national association for their inaction. In what way does that tally with your little scenario above? Do you have any examples of UEFA intervening in the business of a national association elsewhere?

It seems your posts are incredibly ambiguous, so I can't reliably interpret your true intention but I'm inferring a lot of irony in this one... To answer your question in a reasonably straight manner but letting you work it out for yourself, can you recall the very first word of the song in question? I think it is one letter long, if you need a further clue.

I admit I might not be exact in what the song is pedanticly called. But the first letters from the words of the first line should be enough for assimilation in a debate in the context here.

Don't you mean pedantically?

Deary me, you're getting all confused here. The conversation that you jumped into concerned the way the support had capitulated at that time. There has been nobody calling for the song to return.

The facts are that the SFA have never got involved at any time and UEFA have never sanctioned the national association for their inaction. In what way does that tally with your little scenario above? Do you have any examples of UEFA intervening in the business of a national association elsewhere?

If Chile had been able to move the goalposts as easily as you, they'd be into the last 16 tonight.

What relevance does "at that time" have to anything?

You clearly want the song to return, judging by the language you use, "capitulated" "bending the knee" - why not just be up front about it and admit that you want it back and to hell with the consequences for Rangers?

As to the second part I already answered it in the post you replied to, so I'm not sure why you're asking the same question again.

As to your final request for information, once again, happy to help:

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6279791/bosnia-memberships-suspended-fifa-uefa

Don't you mean pedantically?

Lol, you are showing a very defined modus operandi (I would have put MO but your MO means I'd have to explain it - besides we educated cognoscenti have a Latin theme going down) ; I predicted you'd pick up on that one although I'm actually hoping you're really being self depricatingly humorous; however, your MO means it is very difficult to tell.

That was actually my phone's text prediction which changed the spelling and I thought it looked wrong but didn't think it was that important, then thought, "bet if it's wrong he'll be pedantic about it..."

Do spell and grammar check all my posts; I quite fancy having an editor who works for free.

Lol, you are showing a very defined modus operandi (I would have put MO but your MO means I'd have to explain it - besides we educated cognoscenti have a Latin theme going down) ; I predicted you'd pick up on that one although I'm actually hoping you're really being self depricatingly humorous; however, your MO means it is very difficult to tell.

That was actually my phone's text prediction which changed the spelling and I thought it looked wrong but didn't think it was that important, then thought, "bet if it's wrong he'll be pedantic about it..."

Do spell and grammar check all my posts; I quite fancy having an editor who works for free.

Never one to disappoint. There should also be a hyphen after self.