If Chile had been able to move the goalposts as easily as you, they'd be into the last 16 tonight.

What relevance does "at that time" have to anything?

You clearly want the song to return, judging by the language you use, "capitulated" "bending the knee" - why not just be up front about it and admit that you want it back and to hell with the consequences for Rangers?

As to the second part I already answered it in the post you replied to, so I'm not sure why you're asking the same question again.

As to your final request for information, once again, happy to help:

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6279791/bosnia-memberships-suspended-fifa-uefa

You really shouldn't jump to conclusions.

You didn't answer anything. There have been numerous occasions where the song has been heard, but your little scenario didn't come to pass.

That doesn't concern a match or discriminatory chanting.

It seems your posts are incredibly ambiguous, so I can't reliably interpret your true intention but I'm inferring a lot of irony in this one... To answer your question in a reasonably straight manner but letting you work it out for yourself, can you recall the very first word of the song in question? I think it is one letter long, if you need a further clue.

I admit I might not be exact in what the song is pedanticly called. But the first letters from the words of the first line should be enough for assimilation in a debate in the context here.

You cannot help yourself. The nonsense you post is one thing but continuously belittling fellow posters is another. All the more remarkable is the fact you don't watch our games and have probably never set foot in Ibrox.

Lol, you are showing a very defined modus operandi (I would have put MO but your MO means I'd have to explain it - besides we educated cognoscenti have a Latin theme going down) ; I predicted you'd pick up on that one although I'm actually hoping you're really being self depricatingly humorous; however, your MO means it is very difficult to tell.

That was actually my phone's text prediction which changed the spelling and I thought it looked wrong but didn't think it was that important, then thought, "bet if it's wrong he'll be pedantic about it..."

Do spell and grammar check all my posts; I quite fancy having an editor who works for free.

Oh dear, someone has dropped their dummy. Not very becoming of a "Gersnet Writer".

I don't recall the word, "England" being in O Flower of Scotland lyrics, or indeed any anti-Englishness whatsoever in the song at all. It's a song which is very plainly about standing up to an aggressive invader, which I believe is something any country should be proud of.

It is even extremely respectful and not exactly glorifying in violence with regards to the antagonist - "Proud Edward's army", "sent him homewards, tae think again." Do the English take umbrage against that? It even specifically removes any national slight by naming the aggressor who was considered a very unpopular, arrogant and treacherous king - and of course his army, who have to do as he commands.

For what I would see as a pretty easy song to understand, many really seem to struggle with it, as it categorically has no bigotry (especially in regard to anti-Englishness) in it whatsover. Shame some of our own nationals don't even get it.

It can't be compared with a very aggressive and violent tone with the lyrics lacking a context of reason for it when considering TBB - "We're up to our knees in *** blood, surrender or you'll die." (Imagine the *** being "English" and sung by the Tartan Army - then there would be an anti English point.)

If you changed the lyrics of TBB to something about the defence of Londonderry and used the respectful tone of OFOS then I would imagine it would be fine. For example:

Hello, hello,

We are the 'Prentice Boys.

Hello, hello,

You'll know us by our noise.

We gallantly repelled proud James,

"No surrender" was the cry!

For we are the Londonderry boys.

I doubt many could find anything wrong with that - apart from being totally irrelevant to Rangers and football.

I really do wish people would stop bastardising our national anthem and instead learn the words and what they mean.

A song about defeating the English isn't anti- English? Really?

And it's not our national anthem.

Show me the UEFA directive which specifically bans the song in all forms from all Rangers matches and then we can talk. That doesn't mean some half-arsed nonsense which came from the Assembly or stories of Murray brandishing a piece of paper at a meeting of fan groups. Real evidence.

I've seen the relevant section of the letter.

I'm not sure what proof people would be happy with. They could claim Murray fabricated the letter.

Haven't UEFA confirmed it in correspondence to a couple of fans?

I've seen the relevant section of the letter.

I'm not sure what proof people would be happy with. They could claim Murray fabricated the letter.

Haven't UEFA confirmed it in correspondence to a couple of fans?

Good. What did it specifically say regarding matches outwith UEFA jurisdiction?

The RST shat it at the meeting in 2006 after UEFA appealed their own decision and took the word of Murray/Bain as gospel without even seeing the document.

Three years later we had the Assembly releasing something which only muddied the waters further.

If there is UEFA correspondence out there which settles the matter once and for all, I would love to see it published. There is no logical explanation as to why it hasn't been as it would shut up the likes of me and put the matter to bed once and for all.

You really shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Then lets have a clear answer. Do you advocate the return of TBB?

You didn't answer anything. There have been numerous occasions where the song has been heard, but your little scenario didn't come to pass.

If you are unable to unable or unwilling to understand " The SFA have not taken action because it has all but disappeared from domestic games, apart from a couple of brief appearences belted out by a handful of morons." then there's not a lot I can do to help.

That doesn't concern a match or discriminatory chanting.

you asked: "Do you have any examples of UEFA intervening in the business of a national association elsewhere?" - I furnished the proof that they had.

The purpose of your question, (which you had probably hoped would be rhetorical) was to cast doubt on whether UEFA had jurisdiction over national associations, and thus, would be unable to do anything if TBB returned and the SFA did nothing about it.

The link I provided proves that UEFA can and have intervened in domestic national affairs. Whether the reason for that intervention was discriminatory chanting or not is irrelevant. They have the power to intervene and in extreme cases they will do so. You'd have to be some sort of blinkered fool to think that UEFA would do nothing about SFA inaction on the return of TBB.

Then lets have a clear answer. Do you advocate the return of TBB?

If you are unable to unable or unwilling to understand " The SFA have not taken action because it has all but disappeared from domestic games, apart from a couple of brief appearences belted out by a handful of morons." then there's not a lot I can do to help.

you asked: "Do you have any examples of UEFA intervening in the business of a national association elsewhere?" - I furnished the proof that they had.

The purpose of your question, (which you had probably hoped would be rhetorical) was to cast doubt on whether UEFA had jurisdiction over national associations, and thus, would be unable to do anything if TBB returned and the SFA did nothing about it.

The link I provided proves that UEFA can and have intervened in domestic national affairs. Whether the reason for that intervention was discriminatory chanting or not is irrelevant. They have the power to intervene and in extreme cases they will do so. You'd have to be some sort of blinkered fool to think that UEFA would do nothing about SFA inaction on the return of TBB.

As far as I am concerned it has never fully gone away and has been sung at various times, and to varying degrees, since the 2006 ruling. It will definitely be heard again at the first game against Celtic, so you had better cover your ears. It will never be sung in such numbers as in the past, so in that way, yes, it has 'gone'.

The 'all but disappeared' part is where your argument falls down. UEFA would punish any infraction in their competitions. The fact is that the SFA have 'let it slide' with no involvement from the European governing body.

I apologise for not making myself clearer. Can you provide an example of UEFA pulling rank where there has been discriminatory chanting or singing at a match outwith their jurisdiction? That is not a rhetorical question.

Good. What did it specifically say regarding matches outwith UEFA jurisdiction?

The RST shat it at the meeting in 2006 after UEFA appealed their own decision and took the word of Murray/Bain as gospel without even seeing the document.

Three years later we had the Assembly releasing something which only muddied the waters further.

If there is UEFA correspondence out there which settles the matter once and for all, I would love to see it published. There is no logical explanation as to why it hasn't been as it would shut up the likes of me and put the matter to bed once and for all.

From memory it did refer to all games but it was a while ago that I last saw it.