Putting aside the various actions of the board and animosity due to them, I can't really think how they could have responded in a "better" way. The tax case doesn't really have anything material to do with them and indeed led to their current positions at the club and the wealth that that has brought them. To overly celebrate it would have been very crass and a bit paradoxical. However, they really needed to acknowledge the victory and tip their hat to the fans, which is pretty much what they did.

As club statements go since SDM, this one is not too bad in my eyes.

It's not strong enough in its condemnation of the authorities.

The club should be pressing for a meeting with the SFA and SPFL to clarify the issues throughout the five way agreement. Not to mention requesting enquiries into government departments and broadcasters.

The club should be pressing for a meeting with the SFA and SPFL to clarify the issues throughout the five way agreement. Not to mention requesting enquiries into government departments and broadcasters.

The other issue which needs addressed is why the SPL clubs chose to vote Rangers out of the top division. If you were to ask these club chairmen again today what answers would you get? I'm convinced that they took this decision based on them believing Rangers owed a colossal sum due to EBT's. Now that has been proven not to be the case could these clubs be subjected to legal action?

As for the oldco/newco arguement remember Hibz did that in 1991 when their parent company went bust and Farmer transferred the club to a new company and the club carried on. Hibz weren't demoted so that arguement is a non starter too

Edited by RANGERRAB

I agree with the sentiment but find it difficult to see which parts are their fight. The 5 way agreement is definitely one I agree they should be pressing on.

I agree with the sentiment but find it difficult to see which parts are their fight. The 5 way agreement is definitely one I agree they should be pressing on.

As well as being thrown out the top division

It's their fight because their predecessors and the newco agreed to the terms put forward by these authorities.

It's also their fight because it's OUR fight.

It's their fight because their predecessors and the newco agreed to the terms put forward by these authorities.

It's also their fight because it's OUR fight.

The board of RIFC won't want anything to do with such issues that may concern TRFC unless they can harness them in such a way that gives them (RIFC) a net gain of some kind.

The board of RIFC are treading carefully because they are nervous if a support become militant and sniff metaphorical blood because it may end up focusing on them.

In the recent past, the board would have 'rode the wave' of discontent towards the authorities with strong words but little action. It served a short-term 'smash and grab' stage of the ongoing process very well.

We should be wary of confused anger clouding other current issues with RIFC/TRFC.

If Celtic had been subjected to what we have gone through with HMRC, what sort of statement would it have made?

WW3 would have been declared and the issue would have been a hot topic at both Holyrood and Westminster. They fight and fight hard.

We roll over.

This board wanted us liquidated. And meeting with the sfa will be short and will consist of that being pointed out.

Eh? This board weren't around when the oldco got put into a liquidation process(note oldco wouldn't get liquidated for years to come if it happens at all). Why would the current board want Rangers liquidated?