Just another part of the plan to rehabilitate Murray in the eyes of the Rangers fans.

Expect more of this stuff over the coming months along with some attempts to pull the heartstrings.

I hope the red carpet is being cleaned as well...

While I'm no fan of Murray, I can see the point of the apology - he was labelled a crook and a cheat, and has been vindicated. He is guilty of risky corporate governance or something like that, but it's something you need to expect from a somewhat successful entrepreneur - and unsuccessful ones. You take big risk to make big money, and sometimes you lose. The problem was that he took risks at a long standing and proud institution that was too precious to warrant it and had a dereliction of his duty of care.

He burned his own fingers when he had to put in 50M, and when it came to it a second time and his whole empire was on the line, and instead of fighting he took the easy way out.

So for me the apology part does have some validation in context - just not from us.

He did put in other substantial sums as well. Or his company.

Not sure it makes any real difference if he put the money in or he got his company to tbh.

For me the difference is own money is someone actually taking a chunk of real cash and handing it over. When it is company money its just shuffling funds around on balance sheets. His companies managed to absorb the rangers losses when they were profitable. When the erse fell out if the metals market the house of cards fell in.

ah so now its the sdm love in, the same sdm who sat back and watched us being torn to shreads over some songs, attacked the fans because of said songs, kept appointing some board member as chairman as he took a backseat (hiding under his table) while he was under pressure, not once, not twice but three times, once again sat back and tore us a new one over manachester, the same guy who said and i quote "i will only sell to the right person or persons who has the best intrests at heart"

what a fucking crook, it was him that set the ball rolling that caused the chain of events that nearly killed the club, fuck him and fuck his apology.