Debrecen was for a player who wasn't eligible because he wasn't listed to play, not because of suspension.

See above for how they differentiate between the two.

But should this player have been considered to have still been suspended?

He had missed the three games he was suspended for.As I tried to explain to you earlier this is merely an admin.error. it hardly merits throwing a club out the CL does it?

Had he played in the St Pats games or the first round against you-know-who I could understand the furore but this is the worst decision I've ever seen from UEFA

You would think that Ludogorets Razgrad of Bulgaria, surprise conquerors of Partizan Belgrade on two away goals wouldn't be best pleased either because Celtic going into the draw as seeds pushed them down to the non-seeds and a very difficult tie against Steaua Bucharest.

I don't usually side with the conspiracy theorists but I can see at least three other questions that need answered here:

1. How did Celtic come to know that the player had not been regsitered and thus not served part of his served his ban v St Patricks; I mean it's not even something you would think that St Patricks would have been looking for?

2. If UEFA knew that the suspended palyer had not been regsitered v St Patricks; why would they not tell Legia; I mean you could argue that it's not up to them but equally they shouldn't knowingly be party to a situation where a player's suspension is elongated due to an administrative error.

3. If UEFA didn't know about it until Celtic drew it to their attention; why didn't they know about it?

The game against Celtic needed to be the fourth time that he had been listed as an eligible player since his red against Apollon. If it wasn't, as soon as he appeared it would have flagged up on UEFA'S disciplinary list.

But should this player have been considered to have still been suspended?

He had missed the three games he was suspended for.As I tried to explain to you earlier this is merely an admin.error. it hardly merits throwing a club out the CL does it?

Had he played in the St Pats games or the first round against you-know-who I could understand the furore but this is the worst decision I've ever seen from UEFA

I think the problem with that line is that the award of the tie 3-0 is within the Rules; but it didn't necessarily knock Legia out. If they had scored one of the penalties in the first leg, they would still be through 5-4.

The game against Celtic needed to be the fourth time that he had been listed as an eligible player since his red against Apollon. If it wasn't, as soon as he appeared it would have flagged up on UEFA'S disciplinary list.

How could he be an eligible player if he was suspended FFS?

Stuttgart were not kicked out.They had to replay with Leeds, which Leeds won

Legia weren't thrown out either. Celtic were awarded the tie 3-0 and went through on away goals.

Stuttgart lost 4-1 at Elland Road following a 3-0 win in Germany. There was a play-off because Leeds were awarded a 3-0 victory which tied the aggregate.

Yes I can see that although I think you mean regsistered rather than "listed as an eligible player" or perhaps the first time he would have been regsitered as listed and eligible since Apollon but I get the point.

However, that still leaves the question of when the flag would go up against his name at UEFA HQ (unless the tem lines are submitted electronically it wouldn't be immediate) and still leaves my first two questions unanswered.