Unlike you to be so pedantic! If away goals count double in the event of a tie, effectively it was 5-4.

I made the point about the penalties in the sentence you quoted.

Fair enough, yet only "in theory". As for the penalties, that was just more frustration on my part and not in relation to your post.

Sickening to the core and the Yahoos will gladly walk on and feel good about it.

They made the bloody appeal, no chance

It remains to be seen who actually made the UEFA chap aware of this. I still doubt that the Yahoos would have known whether Legia "registered" said player for both the St. Patrick games or not.

They made the bloody appeal, no chance

As Rangersitis points out they didn't have to appeal in this case; that only aplies for an ineligible player not a suspended player and like it or not tecchnically the player was suspended because he wasn't registered to serve the ban earlier. Crazy but true.

What's the story with Irish Football Association President Jim Shaw (James Shaw) who sits on UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body?

It would be interesting to find out if he's someone who would be supportive of Celtic and also if he was involved or not because he's there representing the IFA and the Disciplinary Body can make decisions with as little as 3 members present.

The Disciplinary Body only deals with appeals so he wouldn't have been involved in the decision.

UEFA makes a big deal about fair play. Rules or no rules, this decision goes against the fair play ethos in the eyes of most football fans. To stick slavishly to the rule is against the interests of UEFA and its fair play initiative.

Most football fans would not expect to see Real Madrid or Barcelona dismissed like this. They want merit to win the day over maladministration. Legia is going to appeal and they certainly have a reasonable case for leniency to be applied.

It remains to be seen who actually made the UEFA chap aware of this. I still doubt that the Yahoos would have known whether Legia "registered" said player for both the St. Patrick games or not.

Again as Rangersitis points out the flag would have dropped automatically (although I have questioned how quickly that would have happened) and it didn't matter if Celtic knew because it wasn't necessary to protest.

There is also the question of why UEFA didn't ask the question of Legia when they received the earlier registrations but again it's not really up to them it's up to the Club to register who they want to register.

If we were in Celtic's position, and I know that money is hugely important in football these days, especially at Rangers, I would not want to be reinstated.

When you get roundly gubbed, as Celtic were, there is no real satisfaction in being reinstated. Just embarrassment tinged with guilt.

The Disciplinary Body only deals with appeals so he wouldn't have been involved in the decision.

I'm sure they have each others phone numbers and call in favours between themselves from time to time.

Does Liewell not also sit on a European Club Committee or something too?