No, they lost the tie 5-4, so go into the ELQ4.

Nope, the tie was drawn 4-4- and the Yahoos went through on "away goals" (4-1, 0-3 instead of 4-1, 2-0 in favour of Legia). If only Legia had scored any of their two penalties they missed in Poland ...

Playing the devil's advocate on technicalities? You do agree that this was a pure mishap by Legia rather than an active attempt to gain any sort of advantage, which is why UEFA have their rules in place, I reckon?

I'm not playing anything, I am providing you with facts. It is up to you whether you decide to accept them or not.

I have no doubt that it was nothing more than an error on the part of the Poles, as I am sure was the case with most of the previous similar cases.

Nope, the tie was drawn 4-4- and the Yahoos went through on "away goals" (4-1, 0-3 instead of 4-1, 2-0 in favour of Legia). If only Legia had scored any of their two penalties they missed in Poland ...

i doubt very much, i reckon the the same outcome would have been applied

The 'may' be forfeited applies to ineligible players. The excerpt I posted earlier regarding suspended players says 'will' be forfeited.

I have just found the rule and you are spot on. http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/UEFACompDisCases/02/11/23/49/2112349_DOWNLOAD.pdf (Page 15, sorry doesn't copy very well.) There is no leeway in this case, the rules have been correctly applied and any appeal seems bound to fail.. That is probably why they went ahead with the draw as they did because there is no "may be" about it.

Rangersitis 1 ESPN 0.

Unlike you to be so pedantic! If away goals count double in the event of a tie, effectively it was 5-4.

I made the point about the penalties in the sentence you quoted.

I have just found the rule and you are spot on. http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/UEFACompDisCases/02/11/23/49/2112349_DOWNLOAD.pdf (Page 15, sorry doesn't copy very well.) There is no leeway in this case, the rules have been correctly applied and any appeal seems bound to fail.. That is probably why they went ahead with the draw as they did becuase there is no "may be" about it.

Rangersitis 1 ESPN 0.

Doest make me feel any better lads :(

What's the story with Irish Football Association President Jim Shaw (James Shaw) who sits on UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body?

It would be interesting to find out if he's someone who would be supportive of Celtic and also if he was involved or not because he's there representing the IFA and the Disciplinary Body can make decisions with as little as 3 members present.