And that tells me what? It sure wasn't the reason for 26k spectators for a low key cup game, which was what I pointed at.

Based on the same assumption of others that 35k or less will be disastrous? The truth will probably be somewhere in the middle. They had 38k ST sales to work with last season, they "only" want 5m in shares now, so if we have 20k ST sold by now (an assumption) and 10k plus come for the home games, they'll have a lower income right now and probably bridge that with the potential share issue. All just assumptions.

the boards assessment is that they must sell more than last season to remain a going concern.

And that tells me what? It sure wasn't the reason for 26k spectators for a low key cup game, which was what I pointed at.

Based on the same assumption of others that 35k or less will be disastrous? The truth will probably be somewhere in the middle. They had 38k ST sales to work with last season, they "only" want 5m in shares now, so if we have 20k ST sold by now (an assumption) and 10k plus come for the home games, they'll have a lower income right now and probably bridge that with the potential share issue. All just assumptions.

You were replying to someone who said that an empty stadium would force the board's hand. You chose to use attendance figures from the 1990s to rebutt his assertion.

So you, the poster who loves to ridicule 'soothsayers', based one assumption on various other assumptions. Splendid!

You were replying to someone who said that an empty stadium would force the board's hand. You chose to use attendance figures from the 1990s to rebutt his assertion.

So you, the poster who loves to ridicule 'soothsayers', based one assumption on various other assumptions. Splendid!

Utter bampottery ... and you know that. And the usual suspects follow suit.

Unlike others I'm not so sure there's any 'end-game' in sight.

Arguably, this issue is all about getting the current ownership to the end of the season whereby the process can start again. Sure, as has been mentioned before, if someone underwrites this small issue (e.g. Laxey) then it may enable them to sell a major holding in an easier fashion to another interested party but, on the other hand, any increased funds/exposure from promotion to the SPL and possible European football (unlikely or not) may also persuade greedy people to stick around longer than any of us would like.

In the meantime, the share price increases again so as long as that's happening, chances are no-one will be selling prematurely. The likes of King, SDM and others may well be interested in acquiring shares but I'm not convinced that's going to happen any time soon.

What is clear is that the financial situation at the club should be a source of great concern to us all. Rangers FC is a mess and it will take proper, direct change to address that.

Price is down a tad today at 30.50p.

What I'm hearing (as reported a couple of weeks ago) is that some of the investors that, like you, I thought would stay for the SPL/Europe bounce in the medium term at least, have lost patience with everything that has been going on and want out.

Price is down a tad today at 30.50p.

What I'm hearing (as reported a couple of weeks ago) is that some of the investors that, like you, I thought would stay for the SPL/Europe bounce in the medium term at least, have lost patience with everything that has been going on and want out.

Well, I would have assumed that they like many others would have been utterly annoyed by the waste of money last year. You do wonder though what sort of "improvement" they were expecting this year though? Or to put it in other words, what would a different board had done to persuade them to pursue their medium term goals?

Well, I would have assumed that they like many others would have been utterly annoyed by the waste of money last year. You do wonder though what sort of "improvement" they were expecting this year though? Or to put it in other words, what would a different board had done to persuade them to pursue their medium term goals?

I don't think the current Board is the concern, well not the major concern anyway.