I have heard that the current ST sales are just over 22K, and tickets sales for Sunday are at around the 33K mark. This was as at Tuesday night.

I would think Sundays attendance wont be far short of 40K, which under any other circumstances other than the board/shareholders incompetence would be a complete sellout.

I dont pay too much attention to the crowd on Tuesday, as midweek televised cup-ties have been poorly attended for years now, but anything under 45K on Sunday for the highest profile fixture of our entire league campaign will be another failure from the board to add to the list. That they have failed to engage sufficiently with the support to ensure a capacity crowd for a game against our expected closest title rivals, with the re-naming of the Govan stand, and the unfurling of the league flag all at once, does not auger well for the rest of the season.

If it is 38k (plucking a figure out the air) on Sunday, what price a crowd for a winter midweek game against Dumbarton or Cowdenbeath (i'm guessing they are both in our division this year as we havent played them yet on our "journey"). If the quality of play again matches the quality of the board this winter, crowds will be the lowest for over 30 years. Some recognition of this from the board/shareholders would be a start.

I don't think the current Board is the concern, well not the major concern anyway.

If the boardroom, their mysterious backers, changing narratives, the poor corporate goverence, the police investigations, unpaid Wonga style loans, spin-doctors fantasy bullshit, plastic communication & engagement with the fans, many of whom are fed-up with fog, bullshit and shennanigans and refuse to fund in part onerous contracts, 120 day business reviews that can't be acted upon and fail to find the likes of the 'Stockbridge share option'...........etc.

............... aren't the major concern..........what is ?

Edited by buster.

Unlike Leeds we can restored to full glory with very little investment. We just need someone with a bit of savvy.

A club the size of Rangers should be able to flourish under the right leader.

Absolute fantasy.

Price is down a tad today at 30.50p.

What I'm hearing (as reported a couple of weeks ago) is that some of the investors that, like you, I thought would stay for the SPL/Europe bounce in the medium term at least, have lost patience with everything that has been going on and want out.

Is it not strange that they haven't broken ranks and highlighted to the support - i.e. the customers in their eyes - that they are dissatisfied?

I have heard that the current ST sales are just over 22K, and tickets sales for Sunday are at around the 33K mark. This was as at Tuesday night.

I would think Sundays attendance wont be far short of 40K, which under any other circumstances other than the board/shareholders incompetence would be a complete sellout.

I dont pay too much attention to the crowd on Tuesday, as midweek televised cup-ties have been poorly attended for years now, but anything under 45K on Sunday for the highest profile fixture of our entire league campaign will be another failure from the board to add to the list. That they have failed to engage sufficiently with the support to ensure a capacity crowd for a game against our expected closest title rivals, with the re-naming of the Govan stand, and the unfurling of the league flag all at once, does not auger well for the rest of the season.

If it is 38k (plucking a figure out the air) on Sunday, what price a crowd for a winter midweek game against Dumbarton or Cowdenbeath (i'm guessing they are both in our division this year as we havent played them yet on our "journey"). If the quality of play again matches the quality of the board this winter, crowds will be the lowest for over 30 years. Some recognition of this from the board/shareholders would be a start.

spot on mate but remember a lot of season books were given away for fee this year.

Will be far to late by then. Plus who's going to pay to watch this dross in the spl.

If nothing changes sales will fall again next season.

Rangers fans will not fund mediocrity

They have for the last 3 years albeit on the crest of a wave however this year is a year too far for tens of thousands.