Why would it not already be settled? The kid left months ago. If that fee is still not settled then i would guess it's more a case of us wanting to get what is owed to us rather than being desperate for a few sheckles.

It might be that it was part up front and part on playing a certain number of games or at the end of the season and we are offering a discount to get it all now; much like Hearts did for Wallace on a bigger scale. I would expect the directors to explore every avenue to improve our cashflow, nothing untoward about that. Yet another "success" for the don't buy a ST campaigners.

Unlike Leeds we can restored to full glory with very little investment. We just need someone with a bit of savvy.

A club the size of Rangers should be able to flourish under the right leader.

What is your idea of 'very little investment'?

It might be that it was part up front and part on playing a certain number of games or at the end of the season and we are offering a discount to get it all now; much like Hearts did for Wallace on a bigger scale. I would expect the directors to explore every avenue to improve our cashflow, nothing untoward about that. Yet another "success" for the don't buy a ST campaigners.

If they are struggling with cashflow at the beginning of August, it doesn't augur well for the remainder of the season.

Tick tock.

maybe dave king should be looking at getting a group of rangers minded investors together and try and buy the club before the present mob make their holding stronger and if it stays the same I can see the sale of the training ground coming soon they will have to get the money soon

Unlike others I'm not so sure there's any 'end-game' in sight.

Arguably, this issue is all about getting the current ownership to the end of the season whereby the process can start again. Sure, as has been mentioned before, if someone underwrites this small issue (e.g. Laxey) then it may enable them to sell a major holding in an easier fashion to another interested party but, on the other hand, any increased funds/exposure from promotion to the SPL and possible European football (unlikely or not) may also persuade greedy people to stick around longer than any of us would like.

In the meantime, the share price increases again so as long as that's happening, chances are no-one will be selling prematurely. The likes of King, SDM and others may well be interested in acquiring shares but I'm not convinced that's going to happen any time soon.

What is clear is that the financial situation at the club should be a source of great concern to us all. Rangers FC is a mess and it will take proper, direct change to address that.

Why would it not already be settled? The kid left months ago. If that fee is still not settled then i would guess it's more a case of us wanting to get what is owed to us rather than being desperate for a few sheckles.

Rangers refused Dundee Utd.s compensation and wanted it to go to a tribunal....that's why. Dundee Utd's compensation was based on 2 years development because we were " a new club" Rangers wanted compensation for the 7 years Telfer was at Ibrox.

It would appear that the board need the paltry compensation so desperately that they've capitulated instead of waiting for a tribunal

Empty stadiums like the one we saw on Tuesday night will force the boards hand.

They don't have the money! Starve them out. It's the most effective and quickest way to get rid of them. If enough fans boycott home games over the next two months they could be out the door by Christmas.

They are on there knees. Let them reap what they have sown.

Treat them with the contempt they have shown the fans.

As i said elsewhere, I see this current attempt of getting a certain amount of money without incurring too much costs as a means to bridge the current gap in ST sales. It is anyone's guess as to how long this money will take it. Likewise, people should not forget that there are other income too, e.g. the Puma and 32red deals. How much income they'll bring will probably be revealed in the interim results. Whether more share issues (of whatever sort) are required and taken up remains to be seen.

As for King, by now even his greatest admirers (or apologists) should have become frustrated by the lack of show again. He sails in, fires a few broadsides (for years now) and sails off again. What he does out there in the mists is anyone's guess and it is somewhat interesting to see that people are willingly suggesting that he works behind the screen for the good of Rangers (i.e. have only a positive feel for this shrewd business-man), while at the same time give the current board nothing but negatives and ire. I for one doubt that it is as bipolar as that and am rather sceptical about King at this moment and time. Hence I'm not looking forward with any glee should the current leadership run out of finances and we face up to another admin situation. It is far from clear whether our White Knight sails in and saves us.

Empty stadiums like the one we saw on Tuesday night will force the boards hand.

Just to keep this in perspective ... mid-summer, Tuesday eve, live on free-TV, "minor" cup competition in its early stages. A quick check with the record books will reveal that even the higher ranked League Cup games throughout the end-80s and mid-90s did not draw large crowds, with anything over 30+ an exception even during our NIAR days.

E.g. ... Aug 21st, 1990 - 5-0 vs East Stirling (Steven, Hateley (2), Walters, Johnston) - 25,959

... and while I'm at it, I wonder what the current locals would have written back then when we lost at home in the League Cup against Falkirk Aug 31, 1994, 1-2 with Laudrup scoring.

League home games against Hearts, Falkirk and Hibs will be significant and I assume that if we top 30k, the board be satisfied, if not happy.

Edited by der Berliner