Just to keep this in perspective ... mid-summer, Tuesday eve, live on free-TV, "minor" cup competition in its early stages. A quick check with the record books will reveal that even the higher ranked League Cup games throughout the end-80s and mid-90s did not draw large crowds, with anything over 30+ an exception even during our NIAR days.

E.g. ... Aug 21st, 1990 - 5-0 vs East Stirling (Steven, Hateley (2), Walters, Johnston) - 25,959

... and while I'm at it, I wonder what the current locals would have written back then when we lost at home in the League Cup against Falkirk Aug 31, 1994, 1-2 with Laudrup scoring.

I was at the Falkirk game in the away end as a guest of Billy Brown... :(

Seem to recall Craig Moore in an unfamiliar role that night so I'm sure we'd all have had a good moan. It was a dreadful game as well.

Just to keep this in perspective ... mid-summer, Tuesday eve, live on free-TV, "minor" cup competition in its early stages. A quick check with the record books will reveal that even the higher ranked League Cup games throughout the end-80s and mid-90s did not draw large crowds, with anything over 30+ an exception even during our NIAR days.

E.g. ... Aug 21st, 1990 - 5-0 vs East Stirling (Steven, Hateley (2), Walters, Johnston) - 25,959

... and while I'm at it, I wonder what the current locals would have written back then when we lost at home in the League Cup against Falkirk Aug 31, 1994, 1-2 with Laudrup scoring.

League home games against Hearts, Falkirk and Hibs will be significant and I assume that if we top 30k, the board be satisfied, if not happy.

SDM wasn't living hand to mouth and relying on weekly takings.

What do you base this '30k crowds will be deemed satisfactory' on? There were warnings that there would be 'going concern' problems if ticket sales were not on par with last season.

What do you base this '30k crowds will be deemed satisfactory' on? There were warnings that there would be 'going concern' problems if ticket sales were not on par with last season.

higher than last season was required.

I' m sure that Sky news ticker said yesterday that sunday is sold out!

Edit - looks like loads unsold on rfc website ticket page. Hertz website says their allocation sold out. That must have been what was reported. Sorry...

And that tells me what? It sure wasn't the reason for 26k spectators for a low key cup game, which was what I pointed at.

Based on the same assumption of others that 35k or less will be disastrous? The truth will probably be somewhere in the middle. They had 38k ST sales to work with last season, they "only" want 5m in shares now, so if we have 20k ST sold by now (an assumption) and 10k plus come for the home games, they'll have a lower income right now and probably bridge that with the potential share issue. All just assumptions.