From what we've seen so far from the first 6 competitive games, the Boyd & Clark striking partnership definitely looks like it's got more goals in it, no doubt about it, so it will be tough on Nicky Clark if he's benched for no reason.

I'd like to see Ally leave Miller on the bench until such time as he's needed. Miller is professional enough to take some time on the bench and still make an impact to try to win his place back when he gets the chance.

Miller was unlucky to get injured right before somewhat 'easy' games. Games that probably made Boyd and Clark look a better pairing than they actually are. I wouldn't go writing Miller off just yet. He was one of the better players in our first 3 games, even if his finishing was rusty.

The situation will no doubt resolve itself naturally, with either injury, suspension or loss of form. I don't think there is a pairing that is so much better than the other, and wouldn't be upset to see Miller replace Boyd or Clark. The competition for a place can only keep all 3 of them on their toes.

The real problem will come when big Daly is fit again (shudder).

Both Clark and Miller could be "utilized" in the same team, playing striker and inside left in a dynamic formation. Miller usually runs all over the place anyway.

Sounds like you have the ally vision. "how can i fit this guy into the team as i have to play him" . The key in a strike partnership is a bit of chemistry as well as out and out talent. Heskey was a donkey in comparison to other strikers around at the time, but he brought the best out of owen and they were a deadly team. If clark and boyd works then let them develop the partership. It's why we greet about ally playing players out if position, we lose balance. Remember a few seasons back when wylde broke into the team. A lot of the support slated him because he couldnt beat the last man and his crossing was hit and miss. But the team played better with him in it as he was the only proper left sided player we had. He was in the right place at right time allowing the play to be spread. The defenders turned left mids just didnt know where to be... But hey ally will get it right eventually...

Miller was unlucky to get injured right before somewhat 'easy' games. Games that probably made Boyd and Clark look a better pairing than they actually are. I wouldn't go writing Miller off just yet. He was one of the better players in our first 3 games, even if his finishing was rusty.

The situation will no doubt resolve itself naturally, with either injury, suspension or loss of form. I don't think there is a pairing that is so much better than the other, and wouldn't be upset to see Miller replace Boyd or Clark. The competition for a place can only keep all 3 of them on their toes.

The real problem will come when big Daly is fit again (shudder).

Agree with most of that TinMan, although I do think Boyd & Clark have looked like a very sharp, clever and unselfish partnership with some good goals created by excellent assists and tidy finishing. If Miller can come in and offer the same, then great.

Sounds like you have the ally vision. "how can i fit this guy into the team as i have to play him" . The key in a strike partnership is a bit of chemistry as well as out and out talent. Heskey was a donkey in comparison to other strikers around at the time, but he brought the best out of owen and they were a deadly team. If clark and boyd works then let them develop the partership. It's why we greet about ally playing players out if position, we lose balance. Remember a few seasons back when wylde broke into the team. A lot of the support slated him because he couldnt beat the last man and his crossing was hit and miss. But the team played better with him in it as he was the only proper left sided player we had. He was in the right place at right time allowing the play to be spread. The defenders turned left mids just didnt know where to be... But hey ally will get it right eventually...

Nope, my vision is playing people in their correct position and sure not 3 or 4 central defenders and central midfielders in one side. Still, one "could" utilize Miller as inside left and Clark on the left wing, as both have played there before. And ... both "could" easily switch positions in one game as well. Do we have a consistently good left winger or left midfielder? The only chap this and last season who produced goods out there was Macleod, and he is no left midfielder at al. McKay could be tried, as he did rather well in our first season in the lower reaches. Yet, he likewise is no left midfielder, but actually a striker come attacking central midfielder. And I for one would rather see Miller or Clark playing on the left-side of the attack than e.g. Shiels or Smith. Essentially, McCoist should settle for a player or two and play them consistently, so we get stability out there too. He will only get this season to try and test people, next season, if all goes according to plan, the time for trial and error will be dramatically short.

From what I saw in the first few games, Miller doesn't have the pace or sharpness any more to play as an out and out CF but what he does have in abundance is enthusiasm and a football brain. I would stand him on the centre spot and let him spray passes about and bring other players like Clark and McLeod into the game. But whoops I'm forgetting, that's Renaissance Man's new position, so can't be having any of that.

I posted back when Miller re-signed for us that I thought he would be better used as an attacking midfielder. I based that on watching him for the previous season playing with the Vancouver Whitecaps.

He's lost a bit of pace but not his football acumen. Many times he would fire forward piercing passes but the kids he was playing with, for the most part, did not read what was there for them.

From what I've seen so far from Boyd and Clark, I don't think that would be a problem.

I would play a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Miller, Mc Leod and Law with Aird on the right, Boyd and Clark on the left. Both Miller and McLeod can tackle and we just need Law to come back into form.

With McGregor and Wallace bombing up from full back we should be able to attack high.

Hell, bring on the c1888c.