That is why I said in the "long term", Rangers as a club should not be seen as financial black hole as if someone like Ashley was to make a relatively small investment now (in footballing terms - I mean Arsenal just spent £14m on Wellbeck...) he should be able to stabilize the club and have us running within our means.

Have we not had enough people like Ashley screwing the club out of money?

Have we not had enough people like Ashley screwing the club out of money?

Like everyone - I would like to see someone like Dave King in charge however - I do think if Ashley had full control of the club we would be in a better place than we are now.

As much as Newcastle disagree with the running of their club - financially they are far better run than we are.

That is why I said in the "long term", Rangers as a club should not be seen as financial black hole as if someone like Ashley was to make a relatively small investment now (in footballing terms - I mean Arsenal just spent £14m on Wellbeck...) he should be able to stabilize the club and have us running within our means.

We're years away from break even point and will need subsidised for years yet,

Ashley's already recovered his investment many times over and is himself as responsible as anyone else for our current plight, We have £2.7m cash sitting in the Rangers Retail Ltd bank account that cannot be accessed without Ashley's consent.

We're years away from break even point and will need subsidised for years yet,

Ashley's already recovered his investment many times over and is himself as responsible as anyone else for our current plight, We have £2.7m cash sitting in the Rangers Retail Ltd bank account that cannot be accessed without Ashley's consent.

Sounds like a deliberate tactic to keep us weak and vunerable

Like everyone - I would like to see someone like Dave King in charge however - I do think if Ashley had full control of the club we would be in a better place than we are now.

As much as Newcastle disagree with the running of their club - financially they are far better run than we are.

What are their finances like?

Guest Night Owl

We ( The Rangers Fans ) have been nothing short of inspiring , loyal and sincere in our support of our club through thick and thin! Every time we're asked to stand, we do! Every time the board are asked to answer a question they deflect. I'm not having this glorified bus conductor try and lay the blame at our feet!

They are £129m in debt and that is with English TV money.

Ashley is just another vulture.

Anyone who wants to blindly get behind Ashley should read the article on the link below. I can't vouch for the author or the figures quoted, but it certainly merits close inspection.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/sir-john-hall-makes-clear-mike-ashley-bought-newcastle-united/

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.co.uk/