Tin hat on, but I feel a touch of empathy for Easdale

I might be with you to a certain extent if he hadn't been instructing lawyers to serve fans with legal threats, writs etc and also had his lawyers threatening Rangers fan forums & sites with legal action too.

Then there's the fact that he's making out as if he's Mr Innocent that's taking nothing out of Rangers and putting wads of cash in, but with him having been given such a large percentage of proxy voting rights, I find it hard to believe that there isn't something bigger at play that we don't yet know about or understand and Easdale is neck deep in it. He says he's his own man, yada yada, but he's clearly a front man for others and it's difficult to even consider trusting him.

I might be with you to a certain extent if he hadn't been instructing lawyers to serve fans with legal threats, writs etc and also had his lawyers threatening Rangers fan forums & sites with legal action too.

Then there's the fact that he's making out as if he's Mr Innocent that's taking nothing out of Rangers and putting wads of cash in, but with him having been given such a large percentage of proxy voting rights, I find it hard to believe that there isn't something bigger at play that we don't yet know about or understand and Easdale is neck deep in it. He says he's his own man, yada yada, but he's clearly a front man for others and it's difficult to even consider trusting him.

The others who have asked Easdale to be their front man are unlikely to be fools. Easdale comes across as, at best, an average business man and someone with below average communication skills. I don't know the answer but am curious why the "others" have lined up Sandy Easdale to represent their interests.

The others who have asked Easdale to be their front man are unlikely to be fools. Easdale comes across as, at best, an average business man and someone with below average communication skills. I don't know the answer but am curious why the "others" have lined up Sandy Easdale to represent their interests.

The mind boggles, it really does.

Aye, good idea BH - so lets continue to financially support a regime that has spunked away tens of millions of pounds in two years.

As a Financial Advisor you wouldn't tell your clients to spend good money after bad, even with an investment that had emotional attachment, would you ? Yet you are effectively recommending the fans do exactly that.

Tin hat on, but I feel a touch of empathy for Easdale - however, the way he interviews is very poor. Also, he is Chairman of the football board, which would have remit over transfer policy - so he is every bit as culpable as the PLC Board for the financial situation for allowing McCoist to sign 2 additional keepers for the 2nd tier (among other signings which made little sense). Regardless, the Club needs INWARD investment, not outward expenditure. Currently we have none of the former and far too much of the latter.

If it weren't so serious I would find it amusing..... we have folks like yourself saying that the fans are to blame for not buying ST's..... yet I see absolutely ZERO mention from you about the FACT that Easdale provided which stated that hospitality is down too. What would the explanation be for hospitality being lower this year - are the fans to blame for that ? Or how about the Board and their marketing department for doing such a poor job of promoting the Club and keeping it off the front pages ?

Craig, firstly I am a retired IFA, but when I was advising people on investment, the first principle was always don't invest money that you can't afford to lose. The next one was - the price of units can go down as well as up.

More importantly, buying Rangers shares from a fans perspective is most certainly NOT an investment, in the normally accepted sense of the word, it is more like a free loan; and one that may never be repaid.

Buying season tickets most certainly isn't an investment either, so, sorry but I don't see the comparison. Whether it's a loan or a purchase was argued long and weary on here so I won't go down that route again.

I take the point about corporate hospitality but would think that most who have purchased in the past are Rangers fans who are also businessmen or otherwise celebrating an occasion perhaps?

I completely agree with you about marketing and have said so on here more than once this season. In fact I can tell you that within the last few days I have urged the powers that be to stop sitting back and expecting the fans to turn up to watch Rangers v Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath, Livingston etc because it isn't going to happen; and get off their bahookies and do something about it.

This is one of the great mysteries of our time.

Maybe they're seen as the equivalent of Napoleon's two pals in this picture from Orwell's Animal Farm?

animal_farm_by_gabrielwyse-d3vkkf7.jpg?w=650

the easdales dont do as they are told and answer to nobody. they wouldnt even pretend to care. They would see that as weakness.when they want they take. If they were offered the proxy it was either through ignorance of who they are or they felt it unwise to say no.