Agree but would you get three promotions in a row back to the top division with a bunch of kids earning peanuts?

Focusing on youth development would do us much more good long term than signing over paid SPL journeymen.

Nobody is saying we should have been playing a team of youngsters, but at least a handful should have featured regularly last season.

Also, I would suggest playing youngsters over the likes of McCulloch and Daly would have benefited us even in the short term.

Focusing on youth development would do us much more good long term than signing over paid SPL journeymen.

Nobody is saying we should have been playing a team of youngsters, but at least a handful should have featured regularly last season.

Also, I would suggest playing youngsters over the likes of McCulloch and Daly would have benefited us even in the short term.

It is clear now that our management do not consider our current crop of youngsters as good enough except McLeod and maybe Aird? Whether they're correct or not as debatable but I do think we'll learn a lot about these youngsters going out on loan. They simply must make an impression at these clubs if they're to have any chance of a future at Rangers

I doubt it if we show proper strength. What use is it buying an empty ibrox.

I am sorry, GS, I just don't get your logic on this.

By "proper strength" I take it you mean, no one (above those who have already bought ST's and you wish they hadn't) should go along game to game. So now that all the ST money is in from instalments the Club has no more significant revenue for the rest of the season?

I'm not sure about your stance on the share issue, do you advocate buying more shares or not? You say you are not taking up your entitlement but apparently support RST doing so.

If no one buys a match ticket from here on in or the share offer fails then the club will be insolvent and will go into administration or worse. And yet you say "What use is it buying an empty ibrox"

Can you help me understand what you want (apart from getting rid of the Board) and how it should come about?

I am sorry, GS, I just don't get your logic on this.

By "proper strength" I take it you mean, no one (above those who have already bought ST's and you wish they hadn't) should go along game to game. So now that all the ST money is in from instalments the Club has no more significant revenue for the rest of the season?

I'm not sure about your stance on the share issue, do you advocate buying more shares or not? You say you are not taking up your entitlement but apparently support RST doing so.

If no one buys a match ticket from here on in or the share offer fails then the club will be insolvent and will go into administration or worse. And yet you say "What use is it buying an empty ibrox"

Can you help me understand what you want (apart from getting rid of the Board) and how it should come about?

No one at all should go to the next match.

I want them to understand their are dire consequences to selling the name of our stadium for a quid and such.

No one at all should go to the next match.

I want them to understand their are dire consequences to selling the name of our stadium for a quid and such.

OK that's a clear position. So you are happy to cost the Club approx £500,000 (compared with last season's attendances and taking account of this season's ST numbers) for that purpose?

OK that's a clear position. So you are happy to cost the Club approx £500,000 (compared with last season's attendances and taking account of this season's ST numbers) for that purpose?

Delighted to. But that's not going to be the case is it. 22k have already bought tickets. Which is why season tickets were a bad idea while we have a board we can't trust.

If we had no season ticket holders Ashley wouldn't dare change the name.

As it is you and the other 22k will be sitting in the mike Ashley bowl wondering if you did the right thing soon enough.

Delighted to. But that's not going to be the case is it. 22k have already bought tickets. Which is why season tickets were a bad idea while we have a board we can't trust.

If we had no season ticket holders Ashley wouldn't dare change the name.

As it is you and the other 22k will be sitting in the mike Ashley bowl wondering if you did the right thing soon enough.

Well, yes it would be GS. Rangers average attendance last season was a tad under 43,000. If the only people who go to the next match are the ST holders then we are approx 20,000 down; that's approx £500,000.

And presumably you would want that to happen until such time as the club went into adminsitration, which admitedly wouldn't be very long.

Barry Ferguson: Biggest mistake Mike Ashley could ever make would be to rename Ibrox.. this isn't just any old building.

BARRY was sickened to read that Mike Ashley had been sold the naming rights for Ibrox by Charles Green for a pound - but he won't write the Newcastle supremo off as a potential Rangers saviour.

CONFESSION time. Reading about Rangers these days is making me dizzy with anger.

I picked up yesterday’s Daily Record and it stopped me dead in my tracks.

I stared at the back page and read the words over and over again until it felt as if my head would explode. I honestly could not process the information. I was just too shocked.

Ibrox Stadium sold ... ?

To Mike Ashley ... ?

For a pound ... ?

BY CHARLES F****** GREEN?

You’ll have to excuse the French but I’m still trying to get my head around this deal and the possibility this place which means so much to me – a ground I’ve considered to be my second home since I was old enough to get to it on the subway – could now be named the Sports Direct Arena.

Just saying it out loud makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

Let’s get one thing straight. I’m not anti-Ashley. Not by a million miles.

Yes, I understand why a lot of Rangers supporters don’t want him anywhere near the club but I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the man as a possible saviour.

He’s a billionaire so it’s fair to assume he knows a good deal when he sees one.

And if he has identified Rangers as a business that can be rebuilt and turned into a success then I for one would be willing to listen to what he has to say.

But let me give him a bit of advice. If he is serious about becoming more involved in the running of Glasgow Rangers then the biggest mistake he can make is to start off by renaming our stadium.

And I think I speak on behalf of almost every Rangers supporter when I say that.

This isn’t any old bundle of bricks, this is our home. Rangers Football Club isn’t just another company, it’s a way of life for people in this part of the world.

Okay, so maybe I’m a caveman where this kind of thing is concerned. People will laugh at me and say it’s just the name of a football ground.

But Ibrox is Ibrox and that’s just the way it has to be. Always.

So, when you think about how passionate I and thousands of Rangers fans feel about it, it’s actually a slap in the face to us all to find out Green gave that name away for the price of £1.

Each and every one of us has been treated with absolute contempt and if Ashley is as clever as his bank balance suggests he is he’ll run a million miles away from activating this deal.

If he wants to drive a wedge between himself and the supporters then he should carry on and call it whatever he wants. But he’ll be sitting there on his own.

Ashley is too smart to make a mistake like that. I know he’s not well liked by Newcastle fans but I don’t think he’d make the same mistakes where Rangers are concerned.

Also, I’m not sure the Geordies have treated him fairly. The guy has bankrolled their club and made them an established top-flight team.

They say he’s not ambitious enough but really they need a reality check if they think Newcastle are ever going to compete for trophies with Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United.

Staying in the Premier League is what they should be aiming for and to be fair to Ashley that’s exactly what he’s delivered.

So who is to say he wouldn’t be good for Rangers? I’m certainly not about to write him off even if a lot of the supporters think he’s some kind of bogeyman.

I understand them too, though. And I share their anger at the fact Ashley and Green struck such a ridiculous and offensive deal over Ibrox.

For many Rangers fans it’ll be impossible to forget Ashley and Green were working together from the start. The idea the pair might still be in cahoots is enough to put anyone off him.

I’m not sure Rangers fans would sleep easy at night if he was in charge because there would always be this fear another crisis might be just around the corner.

And even though I’d be inclined to give Ashley a chance I must admit he wouldn’t be my first choice as a potential new owner. So please, Dave King, make your move.

A lot of people have been waiting for the former director to raise his head after falling silent for a few months back in South Africa. They’ve been asking if he’s still in the running to take over the club.

That’s the question Sandy Easdale seemed to be asking yesterday and I have to say I found myself nodding in agreement.

People can moan about Easdale but I’ll say one thing in his defence – at least he’s put his money where his mouth is.

It may only be £500,000 but at least he was prepared to hand it over for the good of the club when it was on the verge of another insolvency. Say what you like about the guy but that’ll do for me.

And that’s exactly why I’m hoping King responds to Easdale’s interview in this newspaper yesterday and proves once and for all he really is serious about spending his money on saving the club. It’s time for this whole scenario to be put to bed.

For someone to stand up, smash his money down on the table and say: “That’s it, there’s £10m, I’m the new owner, see you later.”

I hope that man is King because I know he’s a passionate Rangers fan who cares deeply about that club.

I know if he gets control of it then he’ll do everything in his power to protect it and to make it stable again. And that’s all any Rangers fan can ask for right now.

I know supporters are worried because I’ve had people I’ve never met before coming up to me in the street over these last few days, asking me what’s going on and admitting they’re at their wits end.

They deserve better. But if King is not about to ride to their rescue then maybe Ashley IS the answer.

And maybe, despite all of the fear and anxiety right now, one day they will look back on this as the start of a new beginning.

Maybe Ashley could end up taking Rangers in the right direction. But changing the name of Ibrox Stadium?

That would be the worst possible start.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-ferguson-biggest-mistake-mike-4167681