It can't switch attention away from them. They are responsible for staff appointments. Ally is their responsibility.

If the team continues to struggle it will only increase the focus on those that run the club.

From what I have seen, there appears to be an increasing clamour for McCoist to go of his own volition, and not only that, to do so without taking any pay-off which his contract entitles him to. That doesn't strike me as a solution which is a) at all likely, and b) putting much emphasis on board responsibility for it's staff.

From what I have seen, there appears to be an increasing clamour for McCoist to go of his own volition, and not only that, to do so without taking any pay-off which his contract entitles him to. That doesn't strike me as a solution which is a) at all likely, and b) putting much emphasis on board responsibility for it's staff.

I think the next few days press (in some cases c&p spin) will be interesting regards if and where pressure may be exerted in either direction.

Media can play an important part in banging the drums or trying to 'calm' fans.

Obviously a poor result at Livingston would trump any calls for 'calm'.

Ally should certainly look to accept responsibility for his own performance but he may be held hostage to his own 'walking away' words of 2012 and I suspect his contract situation is somewhat complicated.

All roads take us back to the same place - that of the board's failures, past and present.

Ally should certainly look to accept responsibility for his own performance but he may be held hostage to his own 'walking away' words of 2012 and I suspect his contract situation is somewhat complicated.

All roads take us back to the same place - that of the board's failures, past and present.

Agreed

Although you have to consider it from their point of view and the bulging pockets of many of them, reflect success.

We are only the 'corporate vehicle'.

They can be seen as failures from a Rangers point of view, but they have been hugely successful in meeting their real goals.

Firstly how do you know the large drop in ST sales is due to the board? Did you ask each & every one of them who didn't renew? FWIW I think there is more than one reason for this.

Secondly how is the football operation failing because of upstairs? McCoist has been given unbelievable resources to build a team since we dropped out the top division but hasn't used them to anywhere near as well as he might have.Is that the board's fault?

I blame the board for continuing to employ an inept team manager who has been allowed more or less to sign whoever he wants often on exorbitant salaries whilst many of these players he brought in have regressed since coming here.

Every lost ticket sale is due to the board one way or another.

That is 'Black Knight' of Monty Python territory rather than a Noble French swordsman.

That almost surprises me, coming from you.....but tbh, not any more.

Thats good then - there will be no surprises for either of us in that case.

Edited by D'Artagnan