Meant to add that in terms of the attendance the nearest comparison we can make is when we played ICT in the same round and competition two years ago.

Result was 0-3 in front of a 28,033 crowd. That represents a fairly large drop given that game was also live on TV and on 31st October midweek.

Once again though, folk will have different reasons for not attending so any analysis is hardly of a scientific nature.

Also, we did play Airdrie in the Scottish Cup on Nov 1st last year in front of a 22,000 crowd.

A reduction of around 10-15,000 is quite a marked one and if we had a boardroom of note, they want to address that openly with fans.

Meant to add that in terms of the attendance the nearest comparison we can make is when we played ICT in the same round and competition two years ago.

Result was 0-3 in front of a 28,033 crowd. That represents a fairly large drop given that game was also live on TV and on 31st October midweek.

Once again though, folk will have different reasons for not attending so any analysis is hardly of a scientific nature.

Also, we did play Airdrie in the Scottish Cup on Nov 1st last year in front of a 22,000 crowd.

A reduction of around 10-15,000 is quite a marked one and if we had a boardroom of note, they want to address that openly with fans.

Depending on what side of the fence bears are on will determine their reasoning for poor attendances. Any honest bear will concede that the board have the biggest impact on ticket sales.

Watching Sandy Easdale walk out of Argyle House yesterday on SSN will have disgusted many bears like myself. When he talked of it was nothing but contempt for every stakeholder in RFC.

Depending on what side of the fence bears are on will determine their reasoning for poor attendances. Any honest bear will concede that the board have the biggest impact on ticket sales.

Watching Sandy Easdale walk out of Argyle House yesterday on SSN will have disgusted many bears like myself. When he talked of it was nothing but contempt for every stakeholder in RFC.

To be fair, I think there's a perfect storm of factors but the bottom line is the board have to engage to address it.

Perhaps we'll not have to worry about Cup games in the future

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-daryl-janmaat-targeting-league-4523836

Owner Mike Ashley even had staff produce statistics to show that clubs who go a long way in the two cup competitions are more vulnerable to being relegated.

In May, the Newcastle officials told Fans' Forum: "The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan were both relegated).

"At this moment in time, the club's priority is the Premier League."

It remains one of the most controversial statements during Ashley's reign.

To be fair, I think there's a perfect storm of factors but the bottom line is the board have to engage to address it.

But given who is involved, their advisors, their track record, you know that such engagement will not be sincere.

But given who is involved, their advisors, their track record, you know that such engagement will not be sincere.

Perhaps not but there has to be a first step to explore possibilities at least.

we have to move on at least we do know Ashley is no financial romancer like the ones before him if he invest his wealth on some decent players it wont be to hard to regain our place at the top of Scottish football of course he will bring in his own men in all departments and jobs will go that's what he done at Newcastle but that's the way forward now its up to the fans who want to boycott to either come back into the fold or walk away find something else to do on match days as for me my life is coming to an end but I will be a supporter of raners until my eyes finely close get back to supporting the team leave the politics to the money men .

mon the gers .