Confirmed: Macleod called up for Scotland

Only 4 Scottish based players in the entire squad.

Delighted for Macleod as he has been our one faint hope since 2012. Anyone with the faintest knowledge of football would've seen him stand out like a sore thumb in SFL3 and his injury coincided with a deterioration in the football quality being served up by McCoist & co.

Hopefully Macleod continues to develop in spite of what his clueless manager does. Playing young players out of position, at a crucial stage of their development, certainly does absolutely nothing positive for their progression.

McCoist would rather have a team of Big Lee or Christian Dailly types than actual footballers.

I fear he'll need to leave to develop

LEWIS MACLEOD'S excellent form this season has seen him rewarded with a call up to the full Scotland squad for this month's matches with the Republic of Ireland and England.

The young midfielder has scored seven times in fifteen appearance this campaign to take his Gers tally to 15 goals in just 70 outings for the Light Blues.

Here you can enjoy all of his strikes for Rangers as Macleod celebrates his inclusion in the national team's squad.

Goals:http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/rangerstv/item/7993-goals-lewis-macleod

He may not feature in the Ireland game but a friendly with England is exactly the kind of experience the lad needs.

With 15 EPL managers looking on, can we expect (or shall we brace ourselves for) a 5m bid in January, should he outshine the English? :whistle:

(Of course, they'll start bidding at 200k ... )

A week ago Saturday at Dumbarton with the absence of Black, MacLeod did play, in the middle of the park, and was unimpressive IMHO.

Last Saturday he played on the right side and in the second half was the only offensive threat/spark in a dismal display.

I don't care where he plays as long as he plays. He is a gem with a very bright future. I hope he stays and becomes a legend.

Truly sick of this 'playing out of position' pish, give it a rest ...............

Edited by Blinkyman

A week ago Saturday at Dumbarton with the absence of Black, MacLeod did play, in the middle of the park, and was unimpressive IMHO.

Last Saturday in the second half he played on the right side and was the only offensive threat/spark in a dismal display.

I don't care where he plays as long as he plays. He is a gem with a very bright future. I hope he stays and becomes a legend.

Truly sick of this 'playing out of position' pish, give it a rest ...............

I agree with you. Truly good players are able to play well anywhere on the pitch. The 'out of position' mantra is used by supporters in order to cover up the technical deficiencies of a favoured player.