Agreed, other than Macleod and Wallace, who else would generate a transfer fee? I think that Blackpool tried to get Law for about 50k a transfer window or two ago; McGregor has been quite impressive since signing, particularly at CB, so possibly him; Bell is unlikely to attract any interest until he is fully fit again and as far the rest, most are out of contract at the end of the season so wouldn't generate any transfer fee anyway. However, if you sold Wallace and Macleod in January, you are basically guaranteeing that we will not get automatic promotion and even the play-offs becomes increasingly difficult. If the only way in which to make money as a club is to get into Europe, then promotion this season is non-negotiable and for that Macleod and Wallace are indispensable. (Wallace has been a shadow of himself this season, but hopefully he can get back to the standards that he is capable of sooner rather than later.) The board can always sell Macleod and Wallace at the end of the season if need be if we don't get promotion, but to sell them in Jan, would be Ally's get out of jail free card.

We only have 1 player who might get a decent fee, what's alarming is most of our squad isn't worth anything.

Rangers boss McCoist eyes up loan moves for Newcastle's top kids

Nov 30, 2014 11:09 By Scott McDermott

The under pressure Ibrox boss says he's been offered the best of the Magpies best talent by Mike Ashley's right-hand man Derek Llambias

Ally McCoist has revealed Ibrox chief Derek Llambias has offered him the pick of Newcastle United’s talented kids as he puts his faith behind the Rangers gaffer.

McCoist insists he’s been given a vote of confidence by Mike Ashley’s right-hand man despite Gers struggling show in the Championship.

He has had positive talks with Llambias and says loan moves for the Toon’s young stars is a possibility.

McCoist said: “I’ve spoken to Derek a few times and he’s positive and keen to help.

“He’s still very hopeful that we can get promoted. He just said to continue doing my job, go and look at players and then we’ll have discussions.

“I’ve been for a look at some of Newcastle’s young players already.

“I cover as many games as I can. We’re looking all over the place.

“We haven’t discussed budgets yet, things like ‘You have X amount to spend’ or ‘You need to get rid of him’.

“That will be further down the line.”

Daily Record

Snatched from FF ...

Three Newcastle Players Coming In January

Heard this while I was attending Newcastle v QPR last weekend but forgot to post. Adam Campbell (forward) who is currently on loan at Hartlepool has been told he will spend the month there before moving to Rangers in January, Remi Street (defender) and Haris Vuckic (attacking midfielder/forward) have also been told likewise in terms of loan moves to us. The source for this story is the dad of Adam Campbell. I don't usually post rumours so expect to be shot down!

How does he know who to look at if he doesn't know what budget he is working with? What a ridiculous way to work.

Kids, eh?

We need players who will improve our first team, not kids up for experience of being a sub. It's such a waste of time. Campbell isn't going to get a game ahead of players like Boyd, Miller or Daly. Even Clark should be ahead of him. Is McCoist going to drop Law or Black for Vuckic? Obviously not. Will he be on the bench? What then for Shiels and Peralta who earn around £10k a week between them? And young Crawford and Murdoch, our own kids?

Very underwhelming stuff. Would much rather we were more concerned with getting bodies out the club.

How does he know who to look at if he doesn't know what budget he is working with? What a ridiculous way to work.

Kids, eh?

We need players who will improve our first team, not kids up for experience of being a sub. It's such a waste of time. Campbell isn't going to get a game ahead of players like Boyd, Miller or Daly. Even Clark should be ahead of him. Is McCoist going to drop Law or Black for Vuckic? Obviously not. Will he be on the bench? What then for Shiels and Peralta who earn around £10k a week between them? And young Crawford and Murdoch, our own kids?

Very underwhelming stuff. Would much rather we were more concerned with getting bodies out the club.

Campbell hasn't scored this season and only got 2 at St Mirren so it sounds about right.

The only players we should consider loaning are ones much better than what we have, and even then it shouldn't hold back the development of any of our own players.

Celtic want Max Power

Celtic are interested in signing Tranmere Rovers midfielder Max Power in January, according to a report in the Daily Mail.

The 21-year-old has been in fine form for Tranmere in League Two this campaign and Celtic will be required to pay £400,000 if they are to sign him.

... where have we heard that before? We should try and "get interested" in some really good ducks, so they can snap them all up. Likewise, we should do it like we've done it in the old days: let the world know what is going on when the players sits at Ibrox or Auchenhowie and the contract is signed.