It's not very fair to make judgments on the lad when he's being asked to play wide in order to accommodate others in central midfield.

At the same time though, it says a lot about how highly regarded he is that he can get a game in a wider position before certain natural wide players and as a few folk have mentioned previously on the forum, it's actually good experience for him too.

Oh, I agree. Our 'manager' is not heping the situation one bit, as I have already mentioned in this and other threads many a time.

However - has the lad really got what it takes to really kick on and go to a higher level ? I'm possibly in the minority - but I just don't think he has.

I think he'll have a steady career, but I fear he will be another in a long line of young Scottish players who never really progress as much as they probably should.

He does quite well in our team - but that is because the rest of the players are so ridiculously poor, so inevitably he will stand out a bit from time to time.

It looks as if I am bashing him but I'm not - I just don't know if he will deliver what many think he will.

I hope I'm wrong - but he also needs to get out of our club if he has any hope in hell of achieving and kind of greatness in the game.

Oh, I agree. Our 'manager' is not heping the situation one bit, as I have already mentioned in this and other threads many a time.

However - has the lad really got what it takes to really kick on and go to a higher level ? I'm possibly in the minority - but I just don't think he has.

I think he'll have a steady career, but I fear he will be another in a long line of young Scottish players who never really progress as much as they probably should.

He does quite well in our team - but that is because the rest of the players are so ridiculously poor, so inevitably he will stand out a bit from time to time.

It looks as if I am bashing him but I'm not - I just don't know if he will deliver what many think he will.

I hope I'm wrong - but he also needs to get out of our club if he has any hope in hell of achieving and kind of greatness in the game.

It's so difficult to say, but I'd certainly have approached our rise up from the old 3rd division (and before then too!) completely differently to the way Ally has.

We should have been giving our best youngsters more opportunities because if we had, then I think we could have built a very good young team that regularly included and featured Macleod plus guys who left for various reasons like Fleck, McCabe, Bendiksen and Telfer.

We should have been building a more exciting and more youthful squad and supplementing it with a handful of experienced players to pass on their experience to the younger lads, not building a whole squad of 28 - 36 year old pros and veterans and supplementing it with 2 or 3 younger lads.

It's so difficult to say, but I'd certainly have approached our rise up from the old 3rd division (and before then too!) completely differently to the way Ally has.

We should have been giving our best youngsters more opportunities because if we had, then I think we could have built a very good young team that regularly included and featured Macleod plus guys who left for various reasons like Fleck, McCabe, Bendiksen and Telfer.

We should have been building a more exciting and more youthful squad and supplementing it with a handful of experienced players to pass on their experience to the younger lads, not building a whole squad of 28 - 36 year old pros and veterans and supplementing it with 2 or 3 younger lads.

I agree. Ally has wasted a fantastic opportunity over the past few years. It could have been so different - but he has created an absolute mess and our style of football has been plummeted to new depths.

I agree. Ally has wasted a fantastic opportunity over the past few years. It could have been so different - but he has created an absolute mess and our style of football has been plummeted to new depths.

I saw it coming, but I don't think many of us actually envisaged or ever even imagined that it was going to get to the stage where so many of our regular starters were in the 28 - 36 years of age bracket.

Maybe our management team don't know or keep track of what age their players are? Not a joke!

Can we, after enlighteneing discussions, keep this thread for rumours and transfer? Cheers!

I'm getting a bit sick of you trying to moderate. That is 2 or 3 times within a week. Leave it to Zappa and Frankie.

It's so easy for threads to go different ways with so many different people talking about different things in their own way.

I saw it coming, but I don't think many of us actually envisaged or ever even imagined that it was going to get to the stage where so many of our regular starters were in the 28 - 36 years of age bracket.

Maybe our management team don't know or keep track of what age their players are? Not a joke!

They actively preffer older players.

I'm getting a bit sick of you trying to moderate. That is 2 or 3 times within a week. Leave it to Zappa and Frankie.

It's so easy for threads to go different ways with so many different people talking about different things in their own way.

Come on, we've done such threads for a few years now and it is on the contrary rather annoying that off-topical discussions mean that people looking for transfer info or rumours have to scour three or four pages of essentially off-topic debate to find some of that info. My post was a kind suggestion, BTW.

Some FFers say that sources close to the player have said that "Newcastle" have offered Macleod and the club a "buy and loan back" deal worth 2.5m.

Meanwhile ...

Neil Lennon considers making move for Rangers' David Templeton during January transfer window

TEMPLETON has struggled to get himself a regular place in the Rangers starting 11 this season, so a move to Bolton could better his game.

NEIL LENNON is considering a loan move for Rangers ace David Templeton in next month’s transfer window.

Former Hearts winger Templeton has struggled to cement a starting place in the Light Blues line-up.

And Bolton boss Lennon is keen on the 25-year-old who joined the Ibrox side in a £700,000 deal in 2012.

Ex-Celtic manager Lennon has already been linked with players north of the border since his move to Lancashire as he aims to put his stamp on his side.

NEIL LENNON is considering a loan move for Rangers ace David Templeton in next month’s transfer window.

Former Hearts winger Templeton has struggled to cement a starting place in the Light Blues line-up.

And Bolton boss Lennon is keen on the 25-year-old who joined the Ibrox side in a £700,000 deal in 2012.

Ex-Celtic manager Lennon has already been linked with players north of the border since his move to Lancashire as he aims to put his stamp on his side.

Parkhead star Kris Commons is another on the Irishman’s list and Old Firm rival Templeton has now emerged as a target.

Lennon suffered an injury blow when Cardiff loan star Joe Mason was ruled out of action for up to two months with a hamstring injury.

The Trotters gaffer has already captured Eidur Gudjohnsen and may offer Emile Heskey a contract after he trained with Lennon’s squad.

Bolton are five points above the Championship relegation zone and Lennon is keen to strengthen.

DR

Edited by der Berliner