I'm not blaming DK for anything. My view of him is he's nowhere near as wealthy as his 'supporters' make out and has got his tactics woefully wrong since the newco took over the running of the club.

However he played a blinder with his £16m 'offer' though.....

It remains to be seen exactly how King has played his hand, but we are for all intents and purposes we are hostage to the whims of Mike Ashley who can effectively do what he likes irrespective of us, Dave King and even Uncle Tom Cobbley.

It remains to be seen exactly how King has played his hand, but we are for all intents and purposes we are hostage to the whims of Mike Ashley who can effectively do what he likes irrespective of us, Dave King and even Uncle Tom Cobbley.

He won't keep giving us loans forever with little hope of getting that money back as time goes on.

He will need to talk to DK at some point IMO. That means ditching the bus brothers which might not be a bad thing

He won't keep giving us loans forever with little hope of getting that money back as time goes on.

He will need to talk to DK at some point IMO. That means ditching the bus brothers which might not be a bad thing

I don't think he wants the loans back - I think he is making us worthless so that when he finally sells Newcastle he will just saunter up to here and pick us up for buttons.

That would be the logical way to proceed, alas there seems to be little logic involved in Rangers affairs.

I think if Ashley gets control he will close the club down that how the super rich make more and more money the only solution is for rangers minded investors to dig deep and buy the shares and complete a takeover forget this nonsense about not wanting to put money into the pockets of the present owners we will just have to do that or this club could go out of existence

Whether administration or liquidation happens in the forseeable is obviously a huge issue.

However, even if they are avoided.............we are going to see important levels of austerity throughout the club and not the necessary levels of investment to get the club back to a secure and reasonably functioning base.

Keep your eye on the retail operation and the the money generated, although the readies may be difficult to get sight of.

Ashely is able to 'dip into' the commercial at Newcastle, whilst running a tight ship because of the TV revenue. Despite having 50,000 home crowds on top of the TV money, they display little to no ambition as a football club, preferring a business plan that chooses mediocrity.

At Ibrox that TV money doesn't exist and without it, I find it hard to fathom how we achieve mediocrity.

In Scotland, consistently being second doesn't count for much.