Something must have happened yesterday afternoon following the pre-match presser yesterday.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that there was a rumour Ally had a meeting Llambias and was told certain players were likely to be shipped out in the January window while a list of others whose contracts end in May/June weren't going to be offered new deals.

Then there's Mark Dingwall's piece of info that Ally's secretary who's been with the club for 40 years was made redundant and left yesterday morning having been given only the minimum redundancy pay allowed by law.

The stuff about the secretary is just bleating... do Ally and his merry band not realise that their employer is on it's financial knees? What should she have gotten? A golden clock and a holiday to the Bahamas?

I thank and applaud the lady for long her service but given the last few years of her employment I'm not sure anybody would reasonably expect a different outcome.

The stuff about the secretary is just bleating... do Ally and his merry band not realise that their employer is on it's financial knees? What should she have gotten? A golden clock and a holiday to the Bahamas?

I thank and applaud the lady for long her service but given the last few years of her employment I'm not sure anybody would reasonably expect a different outcome.

I doubt very much that his secretary being made redundant would prompt Ally's resignation, but things do all add up and if he's been told yesterday afternoon that certain players will be sold in January and a list of certain others will not be getting new contracts, then that could have been his breaking point.

I read that Ally was taken into a meeting with Lambias and he basically told McCoist the players they would like to try and move on in the Jan window, and also the list of players out of contract at the end of the season which they would not offer a renewed contract to. Apparently this was what prompted his letter of resignation. No idea of who was on this list, if this was the true story of what happened.

If this is the case, then perhaps he feels with the boards lists of demands - that he couldn't take Rangers further and so handed in his notice.

I bet McCulloch was one. Ally would never get rid of him.

According to the Beeb, Sinclair is to be sacked next week. He may be dreadful and he may be a tim....but I suspect he is not going for those reasons but to save £££.

No youth coach, no scouts, no manager.....?