SFA Compliance Officer issues Notices of Complaint against Rangers and Mike Ashley

the sfa have a relevant rule it seems possible the fa also do.

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said I didn't think it was so. I really doubt that they would have a rule that is applicable in this particular case. Were Ashley to own 100% of a club outside England and start to exert what seems like complete control over one of their clubs then maybe they would (I am still unsure if they would, btw, but I think it more likely.) I don't really think they care about someone who owns an English club outright dabbling abroad. I suspect City and Chelsea own more of some foreign clubs than Ashley does - on paper - of Rangers.

Not sure it is something the EPL would want to discourage at all, in fact, the more I think of it. (The FA, maybe more so)

Anyway, 100% Newcastle owner of seven years having 8.93% of Rangers in the last year or so is not the same viewed from England as it is from Scotland.

Edited by SteveC

As per rule.

The point is, can the compliance officer proof that he does? By the looks of it, an experienced business chap has joined up with the directors to steer the ship back on course. Yes, he has ties to Ashley, might even be "suggested" to the board by him. Yet, who is paying him? Is Ashley calling the shots though? How much time does he invest into anything Rangers per day? Just saying.

What Ashley has done is lending the club money, much like Laxey and Letham did. The maths look - on face value - dead certain, saying that Ashley got Wallace and Nash off and his man on the board. Yet, Wallace and Nash officially resigned, there was no EGM or something. Ashley has the club by the balls, but on face value not more than Laxey/Letham might have had. They, obviously, had no interest in other football clubs (that said, I have no idea where Laxey's money is involved).

Of course, if King and Ashley would exchange a few million and documents, King might get the same "control" over the board that Ashley has. nothing is simple with our club though, not least when King and Ashley are involved.

Just to be clear, no-one is disputing that Ashley IS calling the shots. Whether it goes as against the SFA rules as the SFA thinks is another point.

It was a stipulation of his loan. Therefore his people working in his interest at his stipulation. How many times have they travelled down to london to meet him now? how many other 10% shareholders have they travelled to visit? its the sfa not a court of law that is all they will need i imagine.

It was a stipulation of his loan. Therefore his people working in his interest at his stipulation. How many times have they travelled down to london to meet him now? how many other 10% shareholders have they travelled to visit? its the sfa not a court of law that is all they will need i imagine.

Yep. I need no convincing about what Ashley and Llambias do. You just wonder how the SFA will justify anything they do. That said, who knows who will "preside" over this issue ...

As this goes against the club as well, even if Ashley ignores the SFA, we might suffer here (as per usual). Fines up to threating to take our license ... all out there as options methinks.

Edited by der Berliner

Liewell doesnt fancy the idea of someone like Ashley pumping money into Rangers so he's getting his SFA puppet Rhegan to get his new compliance officer McGlennan(another yahoo?) to issue this notice of complaint. Ashley was of course raised at the yahoos latest AGM(quite remarkable. Not even intheir league yet & they're panicking already).

Hilarious stuff but surely new compliance officer McGlennan should be investigating the yahoo's funding/loans/overdrafts from the basketcase Co-op bank? Was there political influence getting these loans at unheard of interst rates of 1 percent? Who and what security was arranged on these loans? Is the San GIro being used as security? Plenty there for new compliance officer McGleenan to lokk at too I'd have thought.

As per rule.

The point is, can the compliance officer proof that he does? By the looks of it, an experienced business chap has joined up with the directors to steer the ship back on course. Yes, he has ties to Ashley, might even be "suggested" to the board by him. Yet, who is paying him? Is Ashley calling the shots though? How much time does he invest into anything Rangers per day? Just saying.

What Ashley has done is lending the club money, much like Laxey and Letham did. The maths look - on face value - dead certain, saying that Ashley got Wallace and Nash off and his man on the board. Yet, Wallace and Nash officially resigned, there was no EGM or something. Ashley has the club by the balls, but on face value not more than Laxey/Letham might have had. They, obviously, had no interest in other football clubs (that said, I have no idea where Laxey's money is involved).

Of course, if King and Ashley would exchange a few million and documents, King might get the same "control" over the board that Ashley has. nothing is simple with our club though, not least when King and Ashley are involved.

Just to be clear, no-one is disputing that Ashley IS calling the shots. Whether it goes as against the SFA rules as the SFA thinks is another point.

anyone else get a headache reading this guff.

Liewell doesnt fancy the idea of someone like Ashley pumping money into Rangers so he's getting his SFA puppet Rhegan to get his new compliance officer McGlennan(another yahoo?) to issue this notice of complaint. Ashley was of course raised at the yahoos latest AGM(quite remarkable. Not even intheir league yet & they're panicking already).

Hilarious stuff but surely new compliance officer McGlennan should be investigating the yahoo's funding/loans/overdrafts from the basketcase Co-op bank? Was there political influence getting these loans at unheard of interst rates of 1 percent? Who and what security was arranged on these loans? Is the San GIro being used as security? Plenty there for new compliance officer McGleenan to lokk at too I'd have thought.

ashley has pumped money in?

what was said re Ashley at the Time AGM?

Presume you mean the yahoos recent AGM. His influence at Rangers was raised and Liewell replied something along the lines that it would be for the SFA to consider.

Almost every yahoos I've met( and my conversations with them are very limited to say the least) is terrified at the prospect of Ashley becoming more and more involved at Rangers.

Mind you when you've got the likes of the UoF trying to report Ashley to the SFA for the same reason what hope is there ?