Starting 'a new club' discussion from the AGM thread

There is no good option left for what is RIFC/TRFC

Status quo is soulless austere mediocrity of Sports Direct FC leading to no-where or a slow death.

I'd rather see a New Rangers built on a secure base and build from there in an honest and ambitious way. We'd eventually pass what is RIFC on their way down.

New Rangers? LOL. Good luck with the funding.

If Rangers fans started a brand new club, it would attract my support - not because I have given up on Rangers - but because Rangers has given up on me.

The fight to reclaim Rangers would continue, but while it remains in inappropriate ownership, fans who want to have a trusted club to support could have one, and they'd own it too.

There has been talk of an FC Rangers before, and the idea remained on the back burner, but perhaps the time is coming where ideas like this need to be properly looked at.

Good luck and Goodbye.

What are they ?

as said before not too sure Frankie would appreciate me posting ideas as such!

put it this way we cannot sway MA we need to get on our side those who represent an equal force to Ashley and who he has need in.

Personally while doing that I would attack his soft spot in his love for SD, with the clear demand he enters fair negotiations over merchandise etc. We don't need rid of him just him working to our benefit if that must be under duress then so be it.

it keeps the club we love alive while we fight on other fronts. The death of Rangers should be avoided at all costs surely? Is that not a given? Personally nobody will make me surrender and kill off my club and then act like that is a victory.

What are these other fronts you speak of?

Nobody will make you do anything against your will, nor was it suggested that they would, but there are a growing number who think that a team with Rangers in it's name, playing in blue, and watched by a loyal support is far closer to the club that they first fell in love with than the current empty shell that we see before us now. You say that the history would be lost, but I would still remember all the great days I had with my fellow bluenoses, so what you thought was the great deterrent just doesn't work. Celtic fans might talk about legal entities, but the good guys don't take any heed of their pish.

"Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity.

No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome.

That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers"

Let's stop all this nonsense about forming new clubs, shall we?

There is only Rangers.

Currently she is owned, de facto if not de jure, by Ashley - even more so in light of the failure of resolution 9. If we're serious about saving Rangers, we have to find ways of fighting him, not of running away.

In 1 or 5 or 10 she'll be owned by someone else - but she's still the same club.

Edited by The Real PapaBear

"Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity.

No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome.

That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers"

There is only Rangers.

That is not your call.

There is only Rangers.

Those days have already arrived and the tolerance which Struth spoke of has made it easier for the club to be owned and exploited by people who care for it not one tenth as much as you.

Struth never saw this coming down the tracks, and his words are out of date and irrelevant these days.

It's best not to cling to them.