They were trying to do the job they were paid to do.

This wasn't some romantic, well planned and marshalled UCS-style work-in. This was a bunch of young hot-heads trying to force entry to Argyle House where they had no legitimate right to be. The idea that it was infiltrated by non fans is laughable - just apologists being afraid to confront unacceptable behaviour from within our own ranks.

All the neds succeeded in doing was deflect some attention from the official protest and give ammunition to those who would want to do us harm at every opportunity. If they were infiltrators, why did no genuine Bears try and stop them?

No, there's a world of difference between that behaviour and a group of people, say, refusing to leave the ground at the end of a match. To be honest, I probably wouldn't support that at the moment either, but as a last resort it might be justifiable.

I just think we need to be unequivocal about what happened at Argyle House. It was wrong and those responsible should turn themselves in or be pointed out to the Police.

Yes, please do.

They were trying to do the job they were paid to do.

This wasn't some romantic, well planned and marshalled UCS-style work-in. This was a bunch of young hot-heads trying to force entry to Argyle House where they had no legitimate right to be. The idea that it was infiltrated by non fans is laughable - just apologists being afraid to confront unacceptable behaviour from within our own ranks.

All the neds succeeded in doing was deflect some attention from the official protest and give ammunition to those who would want to do us harm at every opportunity. If they were infiltrators, why did no genuine Bears try and stop them?

No, there's a world of difference between that behaviour and a group of people, say, refusing to leave the ground at the end of a match. To be honest, I probably wouldn't support that at the moment either, but as a last resort it might be justifiable.

I just think we need to be unequivocal about what happened at Argyle House. It was wrong and those responsible should turn themselves in or be pointed out to the Police.

The only part of your argument I am going to argue against is that it would have been downright stupid for any genuine bears as you say to jump into action. For one it could only esculate things and for two, once you are a part of the melee the police cannot distinghuish who is who so you become one of the wrongdoers in their eyes and could be arrested. Sorry I don't agree with that bit.

Police probe fighting and protests at Ibrox after abandoned Rangers-Hearts match

Jan 18, 2015 09:01

By -->

POLICE are investigating claims that two Ibrox staff members were assaulted amidst the fighting and protests which took place following Friday's abandoned Rangers-Hearts match.

POLICE are looking at CCTV footage to find the fans who broke into Ibrox offices after Friday’s abandoned Rangers-Hearts game .

Officers say there will be arrests in the coming days, amid claims that two workers at the stadium – a woman and an elderly man – were assaulted.

The incident is alleged to have happened when a small number of fans forced their way into the Argyle House offices to protest against the club’s board .

About 600 fans staged an angry demonstration at the main entrance to the stadium after bad weather forced the referee to abandon Friday’s game.

They are furious at plans to give Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley security over Ibrox in return for a £10million loan to keep Rangers afloat.

After the protest, a small number of fans invaded Argyle House.

YouTube videos posted by people inside the offices showed protesters outside. A number of the demonstrators then forced their way in, while others threw objects.

Rangers refused to comment.

Meanwhile, Hearts supporters have claimed they were ambushed outside the ground by Rangers fans after the game. They also allege that their buses were attacked.

A photo posted on social media yesterday shows a supporter, said to be a Hearts fan, on the ground after allegedly being attacked by a group of Rangers supporters.

Natalie Paris, 32, of Dalkeith, Midlothian, said her 11-year-old daughter Cleo was on a supporters’ club bus with two pals aged 10 and 12 when it was attacked in a car park outside Ibrox.

Natalie added: “The girls, who love the football, were very frightened.

“They were just glad to get home.”

Police Scotland confirmed: “An investigation is under way following several acts of disorder at Ibrox last night.

“One man has been arrested in connection with an incident and officers are collecting and reviewing CCTV images which will no doubt lead to further arrests.

“Anyone involved in criminal activity can be assured that officers will identify them and they will be arrested.

“If you have any information which could assist our inquiries, please contact us on 101.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-probe-fighting-protests-ibrox-4998462

The only part of your argument I am going to argue against is that it would have been downright stupid for any genuine bears as you say to jump into action. For one it could only esculate things and for two, once you are a part of the melee the police cannot distinghuish who is who so you become one of the wrongdoers in their eyes and could be arrested. Sorry I don't agree with that bit.

Fair enough Pete. It's not easy to say what any of us would have done had we been standing next to the lads who were forcing their way in.

I'd like to think that I would have said or done something though, especially if I could see that a woman and a pensioner were being assaulted.

No, I meant be unequivocal about what actually happened. There are plenty of unsubstantiated rumours doing the rounds.

I've seen the uTube footage referred to in post #191. It's shot from the inside of the foyer and you can hear a woman complaining about having had her hair pulled.

Unless the Board have set up some sort of black ops unit faking footage to discredit their opponents, then it's clear to me that some fans crossed the line of what's acceptable in a peaceful protest.

Craig Houston also seems to be convinced of that judging by his comments on the matter.

Edited by Mountain Bear