Your talk of assault charges is really far fetched because for any of those involved to end up being charged with (or pleading guilty to) assault, they would need to have stormed the reception with weapons and started battering people or at the very least thrown and landed some punches.

Far-fetched? ...

From the definition of the law - An assault may be constituted by threatening gestures sufficient to produce alarm.

From the DR (whether you can believe this or not, I don't know) -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-probe-fighting-protests-ibrox-4998462

Police probe fighting and protests at Ibrox after abandoned Rangers-Hearts match

Jan 18, 2015 09:01

By -->

POLICE are investigating claims that two Ibrox staff members were assaulted amidst the fighting and protests which took place following Friday's abandoned Rangers-Hearts match.

POLICE are looking at CCTV footage to find the fans who broke into Ibrox offices after Friday’s abandoned Rangers-Hearts game .

Officers say there will be arrests in the coming days, amid claims that two workers at the stadium – a woman and an elderly man – were assaulted.

The incident is alleged to have happened when a small number of fans forced their way into the Argyle House offices to protest against the club’s board .

Now, I don't make the law and neither will I be laying charges against anyone. My opinion is that these people should be brought to task for this kind of behaviour. The lady did not sustain injuries from someone just barging through the door.

Are you saying that nothing should be done, or that it should be treated as a trifling event?

Quite simply Zappa it was utterly reprehensible - neither George or Liz deserve to be sustainging injuries as a consequence of fans behaviour' date=' and such behaviour should warrant the unanimous condemnation of the Rangers support.

Irrespective of the disdain for the board, there needs to be realisation that violence or evincing violence towards is them is totally unacceptable also.

We should be discussing the success of thousands of fans uniting to protest against an incompetent and self serving board, not prevaricating on unedifying conduct which resulted in 2 eldery Rangers employees sustaining injuries.

If we are to continue to bring pressure on this board & Ashley we need to do much better than we did on Friday.[/quote']

D'Art, I have absolutely no intention of defending the actions of those who barged into the reception, since it's not something I would ever dream of doing myself and would never condone such actions either.

As I said previously in the thread, I'd like to know who it was because I had a very strong feeling that it wasn't planned by UoF or SoS because that sort of behavior just isn't their style at all.

D'Art, I have absolutely no intention of defending the actions of those who barged into the reception, since it's not something I would ever dream of doing myself and would never condone such actions either.

As I said previously in the thread, I'd like to know who it was because I had a very strong feeling that it wasn't planned by UoF or SoS because that sort of behavior just isn't their style at all.

The point is though there was, and there will continue to be many fans at these protests who are not part of UOF or SOS, we need to ensure that the behaviour of all those who attend and protest does nothing to detract from what we are trying to achieve.

Are you saying that nothing should be done, or that it should be treated as a trifling event?

[/i]

You know I didn't say either of those things.

If you read what I wrote again you'll see that all I did was point out the type of actions required for assault charges.

I'm no judge and jury and neither are any of us here, so if people are brought up in court over the incident, then presumably justice will be served in one form or another.

If we could describe his job as 'Doorman', no doubt part of his duties is to maintain proper decorum in the reception area. Perhaps too, part of his remit is to remove any uninvited or unruly entrants to this reception area by any means necessary. There again he may have decided that the method of entry of these uninvited people was suffice to allow him to act in self defence.

Would you like a fly reel with your next fishing pole?

No fishing. Just playing along with your Jackanory pish.

it certainly wasn't either of them.

Come on, at least try to stay civil. ;)

He is making stuff up based on little more than guesswork in order to bring heat on Rangers fans who were in there. He wants them all charged with assault. I think I was rather reserved in the circumstances.

Quite simply Zappa it was utterly reprehensible - neither George or Liz deserve to be sustainging injuries as a consequence of fans behaviour' date=' and such behaviour should warrant the unanimous condemnation of the Rangers support.

Irrespective of the disdain for the board, there needs to be realisation that violence or evincing violence towards is them is totally unacceptable also.

We should be discussing the success of thousands of fans uniting to protest against an incompetent and self serving board, not prevaricating on unedifying conduct which resulted in 2 eldery Rangers employees sustaining injuries.

If we are to continue to bring pressure on this board & Ashley we need to do much better than we did on Friday.[/quote']

can't see any violence on those videos